IGNORED

Atari 800 RAM cards help

tjlazer

I have two Atari 400/800 RAM cards. One is a Mosaic 32K board and the other a Tara 48K board. When I plug them into my Atari 800's I only get 16K. Are these only for use with the 400 and some hacking to get the full amount of RAM? On the Mosaic there is a jumper across the 32K side of 16/32k so it is set up right.

The 32k board should be used in the middle ram slot of the 800 and is a drop in replacement for the 400. The back 16k ram can then be removed in the 800.

The 48k ram should be used in a 400 with the appropriate wires to access all of it. It should work in the 800 if the corresponding wires are connected like it would have been in the 400. If you need, I will crack open my 400 with the Tara board.

The 32k board should be used in the middle ram slot of the 800 and is a drop in replacement for the 400. The back 16k ram can then be removed in the 800.

The 48k ram should be used in a 400 with the appropriate wires to access all of it. It should work in the 800 if the corresponding wires are connected like it would have been in the 400. If you need, I will crack open my 400 with the Tara board.

ok thanks! Got the 32K working by placing it in the middle and placing a 16K between it and the ROM card. 48K! I will place a cartridge less 16K board in is so both cards will be able to get better cooling...

As far as the Tara card I would like to eventially upgrade my 400 so when you have some time I would appreciate it!!!

Edited by tjlazer