IGNORED

Gauntlet for the 7800?

7800Lover

I thought I saw on the AtariProtos.com website an entry about a planned (but cancelled) release of Gauntlet for the Atari 7800. Has anyone actually confirmed the existence of any possible prototypes?

I wonder if a homebrew is possible. We could always do something with the Dark Chambers game, from which Gauntlet was based on.

I thought I saw on the AtariProtos.com website an entry about a planned (but cancelled) release of Gauntlet for the Atari 7800. Has anyone actually confirmed the existence of any possible prototypes?

I wonder if a homebrew is possible. We could always do something with the Dark Chambers game, from which Gauntlet was based on.

It's never been found, as far as I know. One of the Euro magazines reported on it in the late 1980s as it was done by the same house that did TOWER TOPPLER.

7800 protos are pretty elusive due to the Tramiels being really cheap when it came to making them.

If I knew how to do hacking graphics on the 78, I'd love to take a stab at converting Dark Chambers to Gauntlet

I think there're a ton of guys like us out there, wishing we could hack so we could improve a game in the 7800 line-up. My dream is to add a few selectable teams (basically just colour swaps) and a tournement mode to Real Sports Baseball, and slow down the fielding a little. Maybe someday.

Edited by Atarifever

Salmon Run?

Santas Revenge?

Schluck / Richtungspfeile?

Science Review - Light?

Ski Run?

Space Race?

Space Regent?

Space Rider?

Spatial Relations?

Star Raider?

Statistics for Researchers - R-Stat?

Super Reversi?

Super Rover?

Sorry..Thought that you guy's knew your 'short forms'....SR/SRII=Star Raiders/Star Raiders II

Acronyms are the scourge of the corporate world. I think I have an email somewhere that has 15 acronyms in a 17 word sentence. :-)

And, now, apparently the video game world too! :P

But seriously, it would be very cool if somebody could dig up a proto of CC or EA... the best is if somebody could find E...