IGNORED

7800 b*nQ Label Contest - Winner Selected!

Albert

Ken, is your game still going to make use of the AtariVox / SaveKey ?

It's just that I don't see anything on the contest page about adding Nathan's AVox logo to the design and I still have your memory space allocated.

I really hope to support saving/loading high scores to/from the savekey or AVox. I had some stuff coded for a while but haven't had any chance to test with it (since I can't test that on an emulator it makes for a longer test cycle). I figure if I am able to implement it, we can probably work that into the winning label design somehow.

Awesome. Totally, totally awesome. I didn't need another reason to buy this, but I'll take it. I already have the money stashed away for this.

They are All fabulous. ;)

My eyes likes these Best and I cant figure out which one

but heres my top 5

Shahans 1 & 3 I do think i like 3 better here, its close.

Strums 1 & 4

Rose 1

I couldnt seprarate these 5 but my eyes say its one of them.

Cheers and Goodluck to All these talented people. :)

Edited by Phantom

Just got another label, this time from David Torres:

bonQ_DavidTorres_front_1.jpg

I love seeing all these great labels coming in! :)

..Al

I don't know why, but I think this one is my favorite. It feels very 7800 for some reason. (If I could make a suggestion; I'd add some background to the image , like in Tower Toppler).

Edited by Atarifever

I've posted two more entries:

Darrin Rose (Entry #3)

Thomas Shahan (Entry #5)

Enjoy!

..Al

See now I like both of these the BEst. Infact, after seeing what other people liked best recently, I thought to myself, man I think Rose & Shahans, if they were with the original silver 7800 label(even though I personally love the black background ones), would be tops and funny how they both must have thought the same because not 24 hours later, theyve got what I was thinking right here. I think Im leaning toward Rose's but I definatly think these are top 2. Great Work and if I shouldnt be speaking up like this, someoen tell me because

A: I dont want to hurt anyone elses feelings as they really are all nice & I just prefer these and

B: Im not a judge so maybe I shouldnt be voicing my opinion? I dont know how you all usually work this so if Im out of line, please let me know. Cheers

Hello everyone, I'm Darrin Rose. I'm a long time lurker around these parts. I've started to enter a couple of the label contests in the past, but this is the first time my crazy work schedule has allowed me time to finish what I started. Plus, Q*bert is my wife's favorite game, and one of the few games we play together. Buy or win... this one's a no brainer!

The process I used to make the label designs was to first draw it with pencil. Then scan it, and do my "inking" with Illustrator. After that, I took it into Photoshop to finish it off. My idea for the first label was to just get something out there with my personal spin on the characters, the second was to make it look more like a 7800 cart, and the third was to just go crazy and do the characters in the "Saturday Morning Supercade" style.

Hello everyone, I'm Darrin Rose. I'm a long time lurker around these parts. I've started to enter a couple of the label contests in the past, but this is the first time my crazy work schedule has allowed me time to finish what I started. Plus, Q*bert is my wife's favorite game, and one of the few games we play together. Buy or win... this one's a no brainer!

The process I used to make the label designs was to first draw it with pencil. Then scan it, and do my "inking" with Illustrator. After that, I took it into Photoshop to finish it off. My idea for the first label was to just get something out there with my personal spin on the characters, the second was to make it look more like a 7800 cart, and the third was to just go crazy and do the characters in the "Saturday Morning Supercade" style.

Well Darrin, great to meet ya and welcome to AA. Nice to see you come out of Lurking mode.

I really like all your labels however I am not a judge but you have my vote in the top 3 for sure. And possibly #1 with your last entry. Take care and Have fun, :) El Phanto

I've posted new label submissions from Hernán Callo as well as a revised label from David Torress:

Hernán Callo (Entry #1)

Hernán Callo (Entry #2)

Hernán Callo (Entry #3)

Hernán Callo (Entry #4)

David Torres (Entry #1 - Revised)

Today's the last day to submit entries for the contest, so if you're thinking of entering it's time to fire up your Photoshop (or 3DS Max or clay sculpting) skills!!

..Al