IGNORED

7800 b*nQ Label Contest - Winner Selected!

Albert

I received a few late entries last night and just got them posted to the contest page. They are:

Hernán Callo (Entry #6)

Hernán Callo (Entry #7)

Michael D'Onofrio (Entry #1)

You can view all 45 entries here:

http://www.atariage.com/features/contests/bonQ/#Submissions

Many thanks to everyone who took the time to dream up and submit labels! Now Ken is in the unenviable position of having to decide on just a single label, when there are so many great choices! :D

..Al

Well -I'm not an Atariplayer, but i think all the labels are great.

One label i can say it would be my favorit is : Darrin Rose #3.

Just a note from far away.

:D

I agree, My Favs are definately (in no particular order)

Shahans 3 & 5 I do think i like 3 better here and I prefer the Black Labels.

Strums 1 & 4 1 better but if you all decide to go with the silver lables then 4

Rose 1 & 3 and preferably 3 with a black background of which there isnt a label for but I assume thats an easy change. can we see what that would look like or too late?

Anyhow, these are tops in my book!

Infact to dwindle it down moree, these 3 are tied for me:

Strums 1

Roses 3

Shahans 3

I wish i could have a copy with each of these lables on it i like em so much! :)

http://expresspub.serveftp.net/img/front4.jpg

And here it is, it wasnt submitted I know and its a shame because its definatley in my top 2 if not #1!

Can we get velcro on the cart where the labels would go so i can have some different ones made up and can swap labels at any time? :ponder: Talk a bout a Special edition lol! That would be cool. Cheers and great work by all! ;)

http://expresspub.serveftp.net/img/front4.jpg

And here it is, it wasnt submitted I know and its a shame because its definatley in my top 2 if not #1!

Can we get velcro on the cart where the labels would go so i can have some different ones made up and can swap labels at any time? :ponder: Talk a bout a Special edition lol! That would be cool. Cheers and great work by all! ;)

Oh my!! That label is sweet! It's my #2 pick, 84 style still tops the pops.

I can't wait for this one. Another classic by Kenfused! I can't wait to see the entries as well. Hopefully Atariboy2600 enters this time. :) Allan

Thanks but I never enter any art contest in my life for many resons, one is that I never think of any of my art would win they say the biggest art critic is him self amd no matter how much it is done I may never see my art as good or complet to enter any contects^_^; Plus as for this game I dont like the idea of making a label of a Qbert game but not named after it like b*nQ just dont seem right to me.

I can't wait for this one. Another classic by Kenfused! I can't wait to see the entries as well. Hopefully Atariboy2600 enters this time. :) Allan

Thanks but I never enter any art contest in my life for many resons, one is that I never think of any of my art would win they say the biggest art critic is him self amd no matter how much it is done I may never see my art as good or complet to enter any contects^_^; Plus as for this game I dont like the idea of making a label of a Qbert game but not named after it like b*nQ just dont seem right to me.

That's why you need others to tell you that your art is good. :)

But I understand. I many times don't do things because I think it's not going to come out as good as I would want it. I know it's not a good reason to not do it though.

Allan

November 21st, 2007 - Winner Selected!

With all the wonderful entries submitted for the b*nQ Label Contest, it was no easy task for author Ken Siders to select just a single entry to grace the b*nQ cartridge and manual. But after much deliberation, Ken came to a decision and selected Darrin Rose's third submission as the winning entry. For his winning label design, Darrin Rose will receive a $50 gift certificate in the AtariAge Store, as well as a copy of b*nQ once it is availalbe for purchase.

Congratulations to Darrin Rose and to all the participants who took the time to enter the contest and show off their talents! You can view all 45 submissions here.

Darrin Rose's winning entry:

bonQ_DarrinRose_front_3.jpg

Great Choice and Great Job by All! :)

I prefered the black background because the Charachters appear bigger in them I think? Are they? anyhow, great choice!

Strums 3rd and Shahans 1st were winners for me as well. I want one of each!

Make special editions!

Edited by Phantom

It's amazing how close this looks like the characters from Saturday Supercade.

So, will this be in the Atari Age store, alongside another holiday cart, before the end of the year? :cool:

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW that was the ONE when I first laid eyes on it! I were afraid I'd jinks it if I made mention but I'm so happy for that pick! I love the outfits on all the characters, I can tell you had alot of fun with that one Darrin. Very nice and hip, a good departure from the standard idea.

Ken Siders, thank you for that pick. I'm gonna have to get me a copy just for the winning entry.

Darrin Rose, excellent work, you earned it! :thumbsup: This is great!