IGNORED

Don't everyone bid at once or anything.......

bigferret

That's really pretty funny because they spent more on listing fees $3.20 EACH ($16 for the 5 auctions) than those carts are even worth. That is an expensive lesson, eh? Maybe they should do research before listing next time instead of assuming that they stumbled upon buried treasure!! :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue:

You know, I tried to do my good deed for today and be helpful to this person. I sent a nice email stating that as someone who is familiar with these sort of items, the pricing they decided on was unrealistic. Here is what they sent back:

Then I suppose that you do not watch the antique road show. They had original games that were seperately selling and being priced out at 200-300 per cartridge. So upon doing research as I obviously did, I found my price very reasonable. But I guess people who are experts at pricing things being antiques, are no where near as bright as you are.

Thanks for the kick in the shorts, dude. :? Good luck, you'll need it, moron. :twisted:

His shipping is $10.00. $50 min for Missle Command and $10.00 to ship it?

Well, becasue it is SO valuable, he'll have to insure it and require a signature as well. You wouldn't want those puppies to be just thrown in your mailbox, no with super rare and valuable stuff like that it should signed for and heavily insured. :ponder: :roll:

LOL i wonder how many of the 80+ people that looked at his auctions Emailed him asking " What are you thinking??" :D

I know I did... heres' my mail to him:

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? Missle Command for $50 w/ a reserve??? You can commonly buy these carts for $1.00 or less everyday on eBay. I hope this is some kind of sick joke!

Oooh man - that is too funny. I think of all the dumb / silly Ebay things listed in this forum that one might be the best. I emailed him a link to a finished sealed missile command auction that started at $1 and never got a bid - then was relisted for $1 and.. never got a bid. I've got an ultra rare Combat I was thinking of listing with a starting bid of $400 - any takers?

LOL i wonder how many of the 80+ people that looked at his auctions Emailed him asking " What are you thinking??" :D

I know I did... heres' my mail to him:

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? Missle Command for $50 w/ a reserve??? You can commonly buy these carts for $1.00 or less everyday on eBay. I hope this is some kind of sick joke!

I just received my reply from him, and he is sticking by his antique roadshow theory of $200-300 per cart...

here's his reply:

I hope you one day realize that antiques are worth something. I suppose someone of your obvious intelligence already knew that the antique road show had them priced at 200-300 per cart. But someone of your supreme intelligence must know better.

Thanks for making an unwanted statement. Next time keep it in your own little self indulged head.

Looks like he just cuts and pastes his replies. :(

bid $50 on each of his auctions since it is not going to meet his reserve anyway. He will relist with a lower but still insane price thinking he will get at least $50 for them but will just be stuck paying the listing fees again after they don't sell the second time. :twisted:

bid $50 on each of his auctions since it is not going to meet his reserve anyway.  He will relist with a lower but still insane price thinking he will get at least $50 for them but will just be stuck paying the listing fees again after they don't sell the second time.   :twisted:

That's an excellent idea, kudos 2 u.

Well, here's my bid ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1750260368

Heh, maybe I should tell him about the insanely good deals at the GOAT Store, and see if he'll buy every Atari 2600 game from us so that he can profit by reselling them on eBay for hundreds of dollars! :roll:

Judging by his response, that would be a nice lesson for him, and a good source of income for us :twisted:

The fact that this guy has a few hundred hits on this auctions AND a goof bid, he may actually believe that he's gonna sell them afterall and we were all just trying to con him.  :ponder:  :roll:  :D

That's the funny part! He's going to see his counters in the 100+ range by the end of auction and think he's got some hot items! LOL :P

Congrats to all who bidded $50, still under the reserve. That's so funny!

Maybe someone should send him the URL of this thread. Nah.... maybe he'll relist them and we can continue to talk about his listing fees.

Oh man, you guys are mean (but really, really funny)! I wonder if he'll be curious why he's getting bids at 50 bucks and in the past the same games never got a bid for a buck. Maybe he'll assume it's because of his fantastic descriptions, like:

"Remember the olden days before complete computer games made their presence known. Well the first Gaming system has been long remembered." (WTF kind of a silly description is that?)

Ah yes, the olden days, witch burning, spanish inquisition, and of course atari.

Maybe someone like Sylentwulf should email him to let him in on a "private auction" where he could buy just loads of Combat and Pacman cartridges for a bargain price - oh say $30 each. Just think of all the cash he could make reselling them for 200-300.