IGNORED

Definitive FB2 Compatibility List

I believe we now know exactly why some games do not work on the FB2. Chris (cd-w) on the Harmony team figured out that the FB2 never sets A12 to zero on the cart port. This seems to have at least two effects: any game which relies on zero-page hotspots (Tigervision 3F for example) will never switch banks on the FB2. Second, any reads or writes to TIA locations will be appear on the cart as Superchip writes ($F0xx) and will write spurious values to Superchip RAM. The lack of A12 changes will likely also affect Supercharger, FA, E7, CommaVid, and other RAM games.

Strange, my '3E3F' bank switching scheme seems to work fine on an FB2 and uses zero page hot spots. Are writes only affected?

That is possible. Chris could have been testing for A12 after a write and not a read. If only writes are affected, 3F and FE would still fail.

I tried it out again yesterday, and it did not work. I could have sworn that it did, perhaps I am remembering wrong.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Using a Harmony cartridge these following games were working.

Activision Checkers

Activision Decathlon - Does not need fixed ver. - My actual cart did not work when i tried it.

Astroblast - Only glitch is bottom line of right number is misplaced. Not sure if that was all that was wrong before.

Bermuda Triangle

Berzerk - My actual cart did not work when i tried it.

Berzerk VE

Boxing - My actual cart did not work when i tried it.

Conquest of Mars

Crazy Climber - Not sure what original graphic glitches were.

H.E.R.O.

Jungle Hunt - Did not notice any graphical glitches.

Quadrun - Has sound. No clue how to play.

Robot Tank - Does not need fixed rom.

Secret Agent - Loads and plays. No clue how to move or if it is a glitch.

Snow White - Appears to work fine for me.

Space Shuttle

Note: Pitfall II loads. It just has graphical glitches

Edited by pimpmaul69

Also forgot to mention that gremlins works perfect on the harmony cart as well. blue print works for me as well. although i have no clue what i am supposed to do. Also water world plays fine for me on harmony. not sure where the problem is as i do not own the original, but i tested rom on both fb2 and a 2600. all seemed the same. airlock works. title screen rolls however. main game fine. All the supercharger roms of course do not work.

Edited by pimpmaul69

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Doe's anyone know if the TAZ! cart is working for modded FB 2's and where can I get an Atari 2600 cart port from ?, I have looked at AA's store but they are not listed there :(.

I figured I would do an FB2 mod since I got one for 1.99 at a thrift store in Ottawa Ks.

Thank you in advance for the info.

CH

• 5 years later...