IGNORED

Calling All Cars on sale until Oct. 25th

jedijeff

For anyone interested, Calling All Cars for the PS3 is on sale through the PSN store for $4.99 until Oct. 25th. I think it is a game well worth that price. It's definitely a great party game. Now if only a few more games would drop a couple dollars in price I would get them too. :)

Thanks for the heads up.

I missed out the last time this went on sale.

Ive heard good things about it in EGM.

Has anyone here played it?

I like Calling All Cars a lot! It's comparable it to NBA Jam as far as having a quick "pick up and play" game that's easy to learn and understand. The game is really built for multiplayer, although there are also single-player modes with computer opponents that can put up a healthy challenge (as well as providing the opportunity to unlock secret vehicles).

It is one of the best downloadable games on PSN, and was already worth getting even at the standard $10 price. At $5, it's an awesome deal.

Only problems I've found with the game are:

A) Not a lot of people playing online... some nights I can get a game and other nights nada.

B) Be prepared for the computer AI to cheat like hell. Grab a baddie and watch every computer car unleash a hoard of missiles on ya; let the computer grab a baddie and not a missile in sight (unless you fire one).

Great game, though.

Mendon

It's a good game but can get boring quick single-player. People complain about the limited number of maps/weapons but they forget it's a $10 (now $5) game, not a $60 game so temper your expectactions. David Jaffe is the designer (same as Twisted Metal Black) and the game seems very polished. I'd say if you play multiplayer to plan it ahead of time with some friends.