IGNORED

Wii gets some budget games....

bdog_147

I was at walmart this morning and saw a bunch of wii games under 20 dollars.

Monster Trux Arenas Special Edition

Counter Force

Mercury Meltdown Revolution

Rock 'n Roll Adventures

Ninjabread Man

mmmmmmmm, I think there was a few more. I was there just to get mercury meltdown and thought what the hell they are cheap so i picked up 2 more. Monster Trux and Counter Force.

Monster Trux i just created a thread about that.

Counter Force. Haven't played it yet. Looks like a mechassualt game.

Mercury Meltdown. Again I haven't played this yet. But It got a good review from IGN. Already started a thread about this one too.

Thought I'd give a heads up to wii owners looking for some cheap games.

I've heard Mercury Meltdown is very good.

Recently I picked up Chicken Little Ace in Action for $19.99 (Gamestop) and it's actually a very solid clone of Ratchet & Clank. It has three different types of levels (on foot, tank, hovercraft/spaceship thing) and all three are pretty fun. Add in voiceovers by Adam West and it's a very solid package for the price.

I've been finding that more and more of the titles that used to be quickly labelled as Shovelware are turning out to be quite fun, playable games that drop in price pretty quickly.

A friend recently bought a Wii title that's some shooting gallery game involving chickens.

I never thought I would see the day again where there would be video games(on the shelf, not XBLA) that have no super-long story, or immersive plot, but just a game. The game said friend bought looked like some Nintendo game.

Very un-Nintendo like to release a bunch of half-ass soo callled games. Nintendo what are you doing?
What does Nintendo have to do with these? They're all published by other companies. That said, diluting the market with a bunch of garbage games is not a good thing. It makes it tougher for the quality titles to stand out.

Mercury Wii has been getting good reviews, though, definitely on my radar. The PSP game was pretty cool. In which case, *good* cheap games are always a plus!

A friend recently bought a Wii title that's some shooting gallery game involving chickens.

I never thought I would see the day again where there would be video games(on the shelf, not XBLA) that have no super-long story, or immersive plot, but just a game. The game said friend bought looked like some Nintendo game.

Chicken Shoot! The wife bought this when it was $29.

I use it now to torture people to come over to the house and it's a constant source of reminders on why she shouldn't buy games without a demo/review first :)

Ninjabread Man.I would buy this game on the cool name alone. :lol:

Here are some clips from YouTube of a few of these budget games out/coming out for the Wii......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2GsE8whBIY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4-W_lj38QU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntNRe_VvdXU

Edited by jboypacman

Very true... I think I'm willing to add Ninjabread Man to my collection, only because the name is great. $19 isn't too bad and I have wasted $50+ on over-hyped games before so this one doesn't seem that bad.

I watched the video on Youtube and it looked ok... nothing to get excited about but it seemed decent.

Well, Offroad Extreme arrived today, and it is seriously disappointing.

The control sucks, and collision detection is a joke ie getting stuck on walls, objects and no way to get off them.

I have tried to play the game on at least a dozen occasions and have yet to finish a 3 lap race.

As it cost me the equivalent to almost $40 USD (live in rip-off Britain) I say stay away.

WTF are Nintendo thinking allowing this release, games like this are only going to damage their reputation/sales of the Wii and any other budget games that may actually be good to play.

You can bet that I wont be buying anymore "Popcon" games

You can bet that I wont be buying anymore "Popcon" games

Now Now You can't expect these to be blockbusters. Just keep telling yourself "It's worth it because of the cool name" and it'll make it better. :cool:

(It's been awhile since I've seen a Readers Average score as low as Ninjabread's on IGN but at leasts it higher than the press score of....2.0!! ) :lol:

Edited by moycon

Sure, I dont expect them to be blockbusters, I can live with the Playstation Graphics, I can live with the cheesy sound, I cant live with a game that does not play correctly.

Do you really consider $40 to be budget?

Sure, I dont expect them to be blockbusters, I can live with the Playstation Graphics, I can live with the cheesy sound, I cant live with a game that does not play correctly.

Do you really consider $40 to be budget?

No I don't mimo.

Albert really needs to design a sarcastic emoticon. :lol: ;)

From what I gather, these games all seem to be running on the same engine, so they take the term "cookie cutter" to a whole new level. Billy the Wizard, Ninjabread Man and Anubis II (one that hasn't been mentioned, but that I picked up for $10 at BestBuy.com) even seem to use the same life bars, on-screen fonts, etc. I'll still probably check out Ninjabread Man...