IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Week #1 - FRENZY

NOTE: THIS WEEKS GAME HAS ENDED!

Alright everybody here is what you have all been waiting for!

The first game for the Colecovision HSC is...

FRENZY

post-14567-1193870967_thumb.jpg

Game Info

Frenzy is the sequel to Berzerk and gameplay is similar. You are chased around a maze of rooms by various robots and your player must avoid their lasers and shoot them back to destroy them. There's only so much time the player can stay in a room before Evil Otto the smiley face of death moves in on the player to pound you into a lifeless pulp, grinning like a maniac all the while. In Frenzy there are also reflective mirrors in place of certain walls which reflects shots back and allow you to ricochet your fire. Also unique to Frenzy are four "device rooms" with a special icon in the center of the room that may be destroyed for bonus points and a special effect within that room.

-This game was chosen by:Jetset and Joeybastard

-Skill level 1

HSC Info

-Post your scores in this thread and every couple of days I will update the leaderboard.

-The cutoff for posting scores will be the following Wednesday at 2:00 A.M. Eastern.

-Use the same skill level as posted so that all the scores will be acurate.

-Please read the Rules and Regulations thread for a thoural description of the HSC rules.

Current High Scores

1st - duncantoml (778,867)

2nd - Blackjack (138,434)

3rd - Albert (116,471)

4th - chuckwalla (65,290)

5th - theking21083 (63,398)

6th - joeybastard (43,678)

7th - jetset (34,592)

8th - Mister VCS (18,352)

9th - Ikrananka (10,032)

10th - PressureCooker2600 (6,712)

11th - edweird13 (6,221)

12th - ScottHuggins (5,942)

13th - Artlover (1,957)

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to send me a PM and I will respond ASAP. Thank you everyone for joining the new Colecovision HSC. Have fun and keep it clean!

Edited by theking21083

First round.. 16,680 (took me about 8 or 9 tries)

I hadn't played this, but I've played Berzerk a lot... I had NO IDEA there we're so many ways to score (and die) in this game.

I like it.

Hey, what emu do you use? I'm using Mekaw and can't take a screenie.

Edited by Blackjack

First try: 6.982.

second: 9.792

played on a real CBS Colecovision with (full working) standard joystick...

It is not my favorite game, but I come back again.

@theking21083:

what's about Antartic Adventure as the next game?

You live in Alaska...

Great would be River Raid!

Mister VCS

Edited by Mister VCS

I will need to break out my Frenzy cart this week. I haven't played the game in YEARS, and I don't think I've ever played it on the ColecoVision (maybe briefly--never owned a CV when I was a kid). I hope it can be played with a 2600 joystick, as I am not too keen on the CV sticks, especially for games like this!

..Al

First try: 6.982.

second: 9.792

played on a real CBS Colecovision with (full working) standard joystick...

It is not my favorite game, but I come back again.

@theking21083:

what's about Antartic Adventure as the next game?

You live in Alaska...

Great would be River Raid!

Mister VCS

I love Berzerk but for some reason I could never get into Frenzy. I discoverd that the reason for that is the controler. I love the Colecovision controler for most games but for Frenzy I find that using the Atari 2600 controler makes the game way eaisier to control. Give it a try with an Atari 2600 controler and see if that makes the game more fun for you.

First score.......it would be better but I'm using a keyboard so I would say it's a decent score.

Berzerk is one of my all-time favorite games and I've never gotten the chance to play Frenzy until now and I've got to say "WOW!!!" This game is EXTREMELY fun and addicting. I can't believe it goes relatively under the radar among most gamers. I guess poor marketing is why it didn't get as much exposure as it's predecessor. But I've got to say, it's extremely fun and now I need to get me a copy for my Coleco (which has a broken controller).

Praise Frenzy!!!!

Smooth animation, great enemies, bouncing shoots, amazing level layouts, quirky music.

I hope it can be played with a 2600 joystick

It can with an emulator and a stelladapter..... that's what I use. Don't know about the real hardware.

You can play it using an Atari 2600 joystick on the real hardware. That's what I used and it makes the control for the game way better.

Improvement 33,923

Best advice: Don't piss off the big smiley face in the center :)

That's my little obsessive compulsive disorder in this game. I can't leave that room without making Mama Otto angry and then running like hell to get out :)

Anyway, last night on the train home from work: 43,678

I'll play on real hardware tonight, I should be able to top that pretty easily.

Edited by joeybastard