IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Week #1 - FRENZY

Finally got a chance to have a go at this last night (real hardware and standard ColecoVision controller). Despite having owned this game for years I never really gave it a concerted effort to learn and enjoy. So after 45 mins of playing, and quite a few Game Overs, I managed to rack up a reasonable score for my first session - 10,032. The best thing is that I now love this game and now can't wait till after work tonight when I can have another bash at it. As recommended, I'm gonna use an Atari 2600 controller this time though.

DSC03941.JPG

Thanks for starting this HSC. It's gonna make me focus on one game at a time rather than my usual 10 mins on one cartridge and then change.

Just played two games.. Got 116,471 in the second game and could have kept going but it's late and I want to watch The Daily Show and Colbert Report before going to bed... :)

frenzy_1.jpg

Playing on real hardware, on an s-video/composite/audio modified CV, output through a Dell 24" monitor (for a nice, clean picture!) I used an Epyx 500XJ joystick and my left hand was starting to get sore! Will have to try a CX-40 next..

frenzy_2.jpg

..Al