IGNORED

Cave In

Atarius Maximus

On 7/2/2019 at 2:10 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

We'll be featuring Cave In LIVE on this Wednesday's (tomorrow) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 6PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Now that it's too late ;) some years ago I posted non-spoiler and spoiler maps for Cave-In in my blog.

Edited by Nathan Strum
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Oh man, I've been on a lookout for Indiana Jones games and this looks like it would deliver! I had a run through it for the first time. The inclusion of minecarts, traps, treasures, fog of war/flashlight, and boulders are just what I've been looking for! Great job on the stylish manual too. I realize this is unlikely to get further updates, but the thing that bothers me about these kinds of games is that once you know where everything is, you always do, so I would have liked seeing some sort of randomization. I haven't really seen the minecart yet but I like the shaking rooms with falling rocks, and the boulder, unlike most boulder chases I've seen in games, is actually a challenge here. Great job on this game, if you're still reading this.

Edit: I don't see any instructions regarding the select switch but I'm guessing the 3 games are like in Adventure, with game 2 being more difficult and 3 being randomized? If so then that takes care of the randomization aspect, so long as they won't be in impossible to reach locations like in Adventure where the keys are inside the castles. Great graphic on the explorer too. The differently-coloured rooms are a nice way to keep things fresh and memorable.

Edited by Tangentg

The game no longer receives updates, but if it did, my suggestion would be regarding the sound.
due to the game having occupied the whole rom and not having enough space for a soundtrack,
the minimum of sound effect could not be added in the changes of stages, example Open Sesame 
or Montezuma's Revenge, both produce a characteristic sound when jumping of internships , that
same technique could not be applied in Cave In?

Oh I found the details of the game variations detailed in the manual provided on the bjars site, just not in the manual in this thread. Though there is some green circle with a black hole in it power up that I got that I still don't know what is and can't find a mention of it in the manuals.

Edited by Tangentg

I don't know if this just happened to me or even some kind of bug. In the green treasure room when you pause and then
return the character and played on another screen where he is trapped in the left wall.
Another thing, when you pause to consult the map and return to the game the enemy that you defeated appears again!
My question is that there is no way to remove these enemies that resurrect again in the room ?
It gets in the way of making progress in the game.