IGNORED

Koffi: Yellow Kopter Kontest

Hey, that's unfair your missing almost all of my animals! I sent in a girafee, a fox a skunk, a deer, a turtle, a whale and an elephant. I turned mine in way early too. Were they disqualified for some reason? I spent so much time on these. I guess I will post mine here then since I was left out.

koffi.gif

These are bigger so you can see them all, I will try to animate them. I wish I could have been included too.

monster greifan an -- I never saw those!

I wonder what happened to them, I guess ole Albert dropped the ball. [/blameMode] :roll:

Jeff, can you grab his images and make a few more GIFs? Let me know via email, plus I emailed you the other missing entries (they weren't on my work PC that's why they were omitted on the page).

Hang loose guys and gals, we'll sort this all out. :)

I apologize for not getting the entries up yet, I have been swamped with CGE work, and I drove from Austin to Las Vegas all of yesterday and today. I am here now, busy assembling carts (Thrust Plus!) working on a price list, making preparations for the booth, and tons of other last minute chores!! As soon as I get back I'll put the entries on the page, although everyone will probably have seen them all by then. :D

..Al

Hey Albert, that's cool. I never knew that you were Thomas' Monkey-Boy:P  You don't have to dress up in one of those French Maid Outfits too, do you?  :?  :P

Mr. "monster greifen an's" entries should be posted soon. They've been sent to Cafeman, so keep an eye out for them. :)

ò¿ó               smiling_to_atariage.gif

http://cafeman.www9.50megs.com/atari/5200d...fi-Animals.html

SHA-ZZAM! There they all are! I just added Dale Crum's (monster's name I beleive) and I changed the bg color of the page to a darker green to help the black colors to show up, also because Koffi's forests are mostly green colors.

Personally, I think it's extremely cool to look at that page with all the individual creations. Now the judging starts over again. monster greifan, again, sorry about the SNAFU, don't know what happened there. Blame it on my vacation during the week of the Kontest.

Which animals do YOU folks like best? (not that it will influence me in any way of course).

I can see that picking a top 2 or 3 will be tough. Great work guys.

I like Dale's elephant and skunk, Bryce's aardvark/anteater (I think that's what it is), and J. Arensmeyer's bird nest and red parrot, altough that beige appendage on that parrot is a little fishy :ponder:

Hey!  That's a Woodpecker, not a parrot!  And that's not an appendage, that's his wood...er...I mean his pecker...um...I gotta go...

ò¿ó           smiling_to_atariage.gif

whoops, sorry. I'm actually a bird watcher so that red/blue coloration threw me off, most woodpeckers are red/black in the wild but heck its a 5200 game.

SHA-ZZAM! There they all are!  I just added Dale Crum's (monster's name I beleive) and  I changed the bg color of the page to a darker green to help the black colors to show up, also because Koffi's forests are mostly green colors.  

Wow, it is indeed very cool to look at all the entries together on the same page! I hope you let me steal those animated GIFs so I can update the contest page. Will save me a considerable amount of time.. :D

..Al

Which animals do YOU folks like best?

Very impressive work by all! It's got to be a tough choice for you Cafeman. My top 5, excluding my own, in no particular order:

Foreman's turkey

Kozielec's 1st goose

Arensmeyer's woodpecker

Johnston's porcupine

Monster's elephant

Damn that's hard narrowing it down to five! So many good characters there! :D

Damn you dirty apes! Damn you to HELL! [/Charlton Heston]

Oh, you people and all your great critters. I have been gazing over the lovely designs for this contest and I was unsuccessful in paring down all the entries into a few. My original idea of "2 winners only" has proven a bad idea after all. I expected to get 10 squirrel designs and 20 deer designs and I'd pick one of these. However, you folks had a bunch of unique critters and beasts in mind!

I haven't chosen the #1 winner yet but I have chosen all the animals that I will put into the game. I will reply soon with a link which will show the 19 design finalists. Yep, 19 is what I said. So, FIRST place is awarded with a free copy of Koffi:Yellow Kopter, and the other people will ALL get their animals in the game and their names listed in the credits. There are 11 people in this running, making up the total 19 animal submissions I have chosen.

I just thought I'd post this message and tell you all that I had to completely rewrite Koffi's DrawAnimal routine to be able to fit all these animals (and bugs and birds) into it. I just got the new DrawAnimals routine debugged today -- it's now far more efficient than before and it is table driven so I can add lots more animals than I originally thought I could. I will not say how many total animals there are in the game though -- that's for you who get the game to discover!

I will also say that some of the things that won me over with your entires were cuteness factor, also humor factor, and finally I only used one of each type of animal. I already had a few animal designs which I've not put in the game and there were some instances where different people submited the same animals -- in this case I had to choose which I felt worked the best and it was often hard to do.

I'll get busy on the Finalist page. Be back later!

(_)3

the other people will ALL get their animals in the game and their names listed in the credits.

That's a pretty damn impressive prize all by itself. Being able to put "Animal design for Atari 5200 game Koffi, the Yellow Kopter, credited" onto one's CV is pretty damn cool.

Many thanks to Ron (and everyone else involved) for the opportunity.