IGNORED

Which of the "current Gen" systems do you own?

Rhindle The Red

Which of the "current Gen" systems do you own?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the "current Gen" systems do you own?

• Nintendo DS
    • PlayStation Portable
    • Xbox 360
    • PlayStation 3
    • Wii
    • None

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I only have a DS of the systems listed. 360 has too many hardware problem stories floating around for my tastes, the PS3 has nothing to interest me, the Wii is on the list but in the far future still. The PSP ... I dunno. I haven't even checked it's price in over half a year. There's a chance for it if the price has come down about to where the DS is, but only because of the Castlevania remake. :)

Perhaps I'm just getting old. The flashier graphics just aren't doing it for me. :ponder:

Perhaps I'm just getting old. The flashier graphics just aren't doing it for me. :ponder:
OMG! Age may very well be a factor. I'm no longer concerened about mhz or polygons per second. I'm pushing 40 and those are no longer relevant. I consider the Atari VCS to be a quite capable gaming machine. ;)

OMG! Age may very well be a factor. I'm no longer concerened about mhz or polygons per second. I'm pushing 40 and those are no longer relevant. I consider the Atari VCS to be a quite capable gaming machine. ;)

yea, I have zero interest in new consoles. "oh, but the graphics are SO beautiful!!" So what.

Uhh let's see...

2 360's (one original release with HD add-on). One Halo Edition.

1 PS3

2 PSP FAT - for me and my son, both customized with Dark Alex firmwares.

1 PSP Slim - for the misses

3 DS's (one Mario Kart edition) - for each of us. I'm tempted by the Zelda edition though.

1 Wii

The 360 gets the most attention. With the Wii a very distance second (Thanks only to Mario Galaxy), and the PS3 hardly at all.

Must stop spending.....

Dude, you have no idea. Knowing the right people has led to my computer costing less than $600...

Well considering the 8800GTX is a $600 card by itself, (your free deal there notwithstanding) still makes the consoles quite a bargain. :lol:

No, I got the card for quite a bargin. Got it off of a guy who threw out the box to the card, and the fan went on the 8800gtx. I'm like, I'll take it for cheap, I can fix that up. Traded him my modded 7900GT to past gtx speeds as part of the deal (he was desperate for a working video card to get his comp working again)

Edited by keilbaca

Hmmm... mine is not so much a matter of age (though also pushing 40 kinda)

Mine is more a matter of a significant jump in technology in an interesting way.

I didn't get a Playstation 2 till about two months ago, and even then it was for the unique experience of Guitar Hero.

I might one day get a Wii for it's unique controller experience. Could care less about the Xbox 360 or PS3.

Most current systems in play at my house: Jaguar (Atari), Dreamcast (Sega), PS2 (Sony)... ummm, I have a Gamecube but only bought that to play Gameboy games on the big screen. :D

None here too.. The newest of my systems is Playstation 1 (first edition) and even so, I barely touch it. Apart wow and real-life graphics I have no interest for them. I love my Atari 2600 and my Odyssey 2 and I am happy with them.

Console likewise, I believe the best modern console ever in terms of balance between playability/graphics/fun was Genesis.

After that, everyone went off on the faster/better graphics/who-cares-about-gameplay race. Now any modern console feels

like any common DVD player, when you visit a friend or so. Feels like a TV accessory. They dont carry that distinctive "oh this is a video game console" feeling that pre-Genesis consoles managed to give..

The only feedback they give is "wow, you gave 400$ for it! Make its money worth and show us some wow graphics and effects!"... takes all the magic away, you know..

I have a PSP with Atari 2600 VCS emulation, NES emulation, & GBA emulation. I wish I had something though that just did Atari 2600 VCS emulation specifically though. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US & everyone who loves the US who believes in freedom :0)...

post-12493-1195700929.jpg

Edited by Atari~e

I have a PSP with Atari 2600 VCS emulation, NES emulation, & GBA emulation. I wish I had something though that just did Atari 2600 VCS emulation specifically though. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US & everyone who loves the US who believes in freedom :0)...

This whole "emulation" thing interests and perplexes me. Keep in mind that I'm a bit of a technophobe, and do not know a 'hard drive' from a ham sandwich. You mean there is a way to like "burn" a bunch of Atari games onto a little disc that can be played on my PSP, or?? I know of multicarts, we have several accross several formats, but as far as 'emulation' and 'hacking', well, I'm as unaware as a blind man at an art show.

-Joe

Exactly what Shannon said. I don't know how to do it either. My little 20 yr. old Brother did it. He's a tech geek like me but knows a lot about hacking things unlike me. I'm just old school. It's just like if you were using the Stella emulator on your PC. You have to put the emulator & the roms in a roms folder & then play the roms through the emulator on your PC. I would try that first if your not familar with emulation. You can find the Stella emulator along with Atari 2600 VCS roms on Atariage. For your PSP go to www.pspupdates.com & you can find out about PSP emulation there. It's not an easy thing to do. It can get complicated if you're not familar & know what your doing with the PSP emulation so beware. Good luck :0)...

post-12493-1195929754.jpg

Edited by Atari~e

I thought I'd have a Wii by now...I even bought a game for it...but have been unable to get one so it looks like it won't be until next year that I get the actual console. So, for now, the only system I have of the included choices is the DS. Aren't they still making PS2 games? If so, it should've been included. And I know it hasn't been that long since a GameCube game came out though I can understand it not being included as it's now officially dead.