IGNORED

Eye of Judgment ?

moycon

Does anyone have this game?

I'm looking for a decent 2 player game the GF and I can enjoy when I unveil the PS3 at Christmas time.

The game sounds interesting, combining cards and a video game, and has a 2 player option from what I heard, but is the game fun to play?

Is it easy to pick up on?

I hadn't heard of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune until yesterday and it is freaking fantastic. :cool:

I sat down on 1pm on Saturday, fired up Drake's and didn't get off the couch until 1:45am, when I finished it. LOL

It's downright amazing. :cool:

I've read about Uncharted and thought it sounded good. I will get that game as well, but that's not really a game my GF would get into at all. She might watch me play it, but I want a game we can both play.

I hadn't heard of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune until yesterday and it is freaking fantastic. :cool:

I sat down on 1pm on Saturday, fired up Drake's and didn't get off the couch until 1:45am, when I finished it. LOL

It's downright amazing. :cool:

I've read about Uncharted and thought it sounded good. I will get that game as well, but that's not really a game my GF would get into at all. She might watch me play it, but I want a game we can both play.

Yeah, that is kind of tough at the moment, with the games that are available. Although I must say, my wife constantly kept coming in and saying "Damn, that looks like a movie!". So yeah, sorry for the of-course response, but you've got to check it out.

From what I have read, if you like card games like magic then you will probably enjoy EOJ. EOJ is easier to play because you don't have to remember all the rules. :) Another thing that may influence your decision is the downloadable games that are starting to appear on the ps store. Right now there are only 2 that use the ps eye but more are on the way.

I ordered both Eye of Judgement and Uncharted today so I guess I'll see for myself if EoJ is any good.

I ordered them off Family Video.

EoJ = $62.99

Uncharted = $55.99

They have a $5 off holiday special going on if anyone is interested.

I picked up Eye of Judgment because the collector in me couldn't resist this unique gadgetness even if I really have no interest in collectible card games. :D

Only had time to play around with the card inspection mode where you can place cards on the mat and it will spawn the characters. The eye toy mechanic works pretty well, even down to the character who's standing on the card in the palm of your hand tilting with the card when you move it. The whole video overlay thing does look really cool. Plus the characters seem to react to being touched, I kept flicking the 'Eleven Beserker Maiden' in the head with my index finger. "Ow, Ow!" :lol:

I didn't buy the game.... don't want to get addicted to any TCG and all the money involved of buying boosters in search of that one elusive card!

But I have to wonder how long it will be before the "WOW" factor of seeing your cards attack something wears off and you say "Yeah, yeah, yeah... just show me the result of my play!!"? When I played Pokemon, it wasn't long before I turned off the animations to speed up play as I got tired of seeing the same attack animations over and over.

Mendon

***NEWS FLASH***

If you are interested in EoJ, Amazon has it on sale TODAY ONLY (or until supllies run out) at $54.99 with FREE shipping. That's a $15 savings off the usual price. They also have booster and theme packs in stock at the usual $4 & $15 prices.

Mendon

• 3 weeks later...
You get such cheap games in US. Eye of Judgement, in UK, is £69 - that's $140!!!!!

So wait a minute...The british pound is worth almost twice as much as the US dollar...but the price on the things you buy costs more than twice as much as they do in the US? Hmmmmm. :ponder:

• 3 weeks later...

For those that are wondering. EoJ is a bonified hit! My girlfriend loves the game. She's always saying we need to go get more booster packs. It's pretty fun, although kind of easy I think. Maybe it's just because my GF doesn't know how to defend herself that well, or maybe whoever goes first has a better chance of winning. The game randomly chooses who goes first. The last couple times I have gone first and have won both times. The two games before that she went first and won one of the two games. So I'm not sure. Will have to play it some more.

I kinda wish there were more squares. Altho maybe if there were more squares the game would take too long? Right now it takes us around 20 minues. Capturing 5 out of 9 just doesn't seem all that hard to do. Maybe with newer cards it'll be more challenging but regardless, even though matches don't last all that long we have a blast playing the game and it's very fun.

• 11 months later...

dragging this topic back up, I picked up the starter set for $30 from a walmart here, and ever since I might as well have been mailing my paycheck to sony...DLC purchase and card purchases really add up. Anybody here still playing this? my PsnID is Reaper7411

all I've got in hand are cards from the set1 starter, a set1 water themed deck and the cards from my starter's booster pack, but I'm not doing terrible online in ranked matches. really I expected the two newer sets would destroy my set1 without slowing down. I'm currently waiting for my 'buttload' of cards to come from ebay purchases... Should have about 200 on the way (mostly commons).

I've suckered somebody at work into the game--so it looks like I'm in it for the long haul too. Just wish the matches were a bit quicker.

Edited by Reaperman

I would play it, although I rarely play PS3 to be honest.

I've heard buying all the great, powerful, high magic cards are kind of a waste (or at least they used to be) because the game is so short you rarely have time to accumulate the points needed to kick them off before your opponent has placed all his lesser cards in 5 spots. Basically people with default decks would regularly beat people with expensive, rare card decks. Maybe some of the recent patches have changed that. I haven't played in awhile.

I've heard buying all the great, powerful, high magic cards are kind of a waste (or at least they used to be) because the game is so short you rarely have time to accumulate the points needed to kick them off before your opponent has placed all his lesser cards in 5 spots. Basically people with default decks would regularly beat people with expensive, rare card decks. Maybe some of the recent patches have changed that. I haven't played in awhile.

I know I'm just starting out, and I'm not really telling anybody here anything new, but after 'running out of gas' with my mana on a few hands, I've learned the wonder of single-point cards. You play them, they cost one mana--they do damage of some kind, and sometimes survive to the next round. if they survive you get the one mana you didn't use last round, but if they don't survive you get that plus the bonus 'card destruction' mana. It seems like the most reliable way to be able to drop 'heavy' cards later on.

It seems like the most reliable way to be able to drop 'heavy' cards later on.

I was able to in one game save up like 9 or 10 mana and cast some fire elemental card that wiped out like all of my girlfriends spaces in that one move. She hasn't played with me since. :(

I wish they would make an expansion that allowed for longer games. If you dig these types of games and have an Xbox 360 be sure and check out Culdcept Saga. Its another card game that includes a more board game like playfield and the requirements for a win make for a longer game. No doubt though, EoJ is a great, fairly simple pick up and play a few quick games with a pal even one that has no interest in card games kind of game. I think it's one of the best offerings on the PS3.

Well since I got my GF some of the packs of the new card to put in her stocking, I figured I'd upgrade my game to the new version.

2599 files.

I have a 6 meg pipe and started at 2:03...it's now 3:22. I'm 69% done.

Man if I was drunk I'd have to start a thread about how shitty it is downloading things on the PS3.

Luckily I didn't wait til X-mas day or I might have done it anyways, drunk or not. :x

I missed the post earlier where you said you wished the matches were quicker Reaperman.

In my opinion the matches are very quick compared to the hours it can take to play other card games.

Maybe it's just my EoJ opponents though. ;)

I did a good bit of bitching in here during that download. It's for the set 2 and 3 cards. Took me more like 8 hours but it was on the same night home launched--so it wasn't taxing my connection at all.

on one hand I do wish the matches were shorter so I could get more than one or two in (mine get pretty close to an hour). on the other hand, I'm glad the game is structured in a way that it doesn't end in 5-10 minutes. I certainly don't want to be there for any *more* than an hour though.