IGNORED

Uncharted Drake's Fortune

remowilliams

Having finished this game, I can officially say that is is awesome!

Take the best things of Indiana Jones, Pitfall, Gears of War, Dragons Lair, Tomb Raider and roll them up into one unbelievably good looking, hell of a fun time game. The visuals are astounding, perhaps the best I've ever seen in a game. You feel like you could reach out and touch them. The story line is great, as is the location setting. The game dialog and human expression of the characters is superb. Drake himself comes across as a very believable 'every day man' type of adventurer. Except maybe his ability for enormous leaps and apparent upper body strength. :D Gunplay is hectic with tough enemies and crafty AI.

I am so glad I picked this up and didn't gloss over it. It's a superb AAA title and easily holds its own against other blockbuster titles. I am definitely going to play through this game again. It sucked me in and I just couldn't let it go!

What can I say - if you want to step into the shoes of a guy that might be Indiana Jones' hero, pick up this title and hunt down the mysteries of Drakes Fortune. :cool:

Well, it's great to hear the game is good. I was thinking about renting it sometime. How long is the game? Iv'e read you can finish it in about 8 hours.

Yeah, that would be one of my very few issues with the game. I didn't count but probably in the 8-10 hour ball park. Seems to be an unfortunate trend these days.

Yes indeed it is an unfortunate trend. Almost every game I have read up on that I was interested in I no longer feel like buying if its going to be so short. I'll rent or wait for the game to hit the bargain bin....

I suck at playing games anyways, so maybe I can get 2 or 3 hours in and then get stuck? Oh look, there's my replay value...redoing the same level over and over because I suck and can't get past it. LOL :D

Edited by bdog_147

The game is great. It looks great, sounds great, and everything's well polished. Choreography and voice acting are also very good. There are hundreds of little details (like watching your character trip over rocks, or hearing him mumble to himself) that add to the experience.

That said, there are some bad points. There are rare occurrences of textures not fully loading when you start a new area. Just as rare are bits of screen tearing in heavy action areas. There isn't much challenge to the platforming and, in contrast, the combat can get frustrating. You'll find yourself reloading a lot because the enemies are relentless and keep coming in waves.

Even so, this is a great game. I'm about 6 hours in, so I should be coming up on the last chapter soon. We'll see how the ending plays out. I give it an A-.

According to the save screens I'm about 25% complete, after about 2 1/2 hours of play at a pretty casual pace on easy. Yes, if I didn't play games on easy I'd never find time to finish them.

I guess the puzzles are a little easy, I don't think that has anything to do with the easy level setting. I would guess that affects combat primarily. I'm really enjoying the story, and they do some interesting things to keep the visuals rich and the story on a rail more so than most shooters, but this time I don't mind it so much.

At this rate I'll probably replay on Normal and try to collect treasure that I missed. I guess if this thread is still going and anyone is interest I'll contribute impressions of someone who really doesn't get a lot of play time.

For comparison the last game I played through is Bioshock, which I still this is the best experience ever and should be a system seller for the 360.

Eric

• 3 weeks later...