IGNORED

Are you getting buried in snow like I am?

Rhindle The Red

Are you getting buried in snow like I am?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting buried in snow like I am?

• Woo Doggy, you better believe it. Can't see out the windows!
    • Well, it's getting pretty bad 'round here.
    • Not so much. Just enough to make you notice.
    • Nope, the snow hasn't started.
    • Keep shivering, it's the warm season where I am.
    • I feel for ya. We're warm all year long.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It's snowed in Austin a few times while I've been there, which generally results in chaos if it actually sticks on the ground (and roads). More often we'd get ice storms that would be even worse than the snow. I wish I had pictures of the hill at Spicewood Springs and 360 two years ago when it was littered with cars that got stuck trying to go up and down it. The road was closed for days until it was warm enough for the cars to be moved. Every time I drove by it (which was several times a day) I got a chuckle from that. :D :D Well, except that I had to go all the way around since that was the fastest route to the post office..

Even though I am quite adept at driving around in snow (having lived in snowy climates most of my life), I fear for my life when driving in snow/ice in Texas. Not only do people not know how to drive in it, there is a much higher ratio of heavy trucks and SUVs than you might find in other parts of the country. Vehicles that don't really like to stop on slippery surfaces when their owners slam on the breaks in panic situations (meaning they are driving way too fast for conditions, following too closely, or don't give themselves enough room to stop at lights and whatnot).

..Al

Lot's of snow here in MN :sad:

It took me 2 hours and 45 minutes to drive home from work (normally a 30 min drive) on Monday...

My worst commute time was from Eden Prairie to St. Paul in 2 hours.

Worst ever was EP to the 169 exit(on 494) in 30 minutes. I could have walked faster.

Average commute time on hwy 62 west(st. paul to EP) - 20 minutes. That has since grown with the snow.

Well lets see, I'm living in Kodiak Alaska so the answer to your question is HELL YES! It is in the mid 20s and snowing like a madman. I couldn't get out of my garage this morning because of the wall of snow outside.
Sounds like a good day to stay home and play some Atari!

Well lets see, I'm living in Kodiak Alaska so the answer to your question is HELL YES! It is in the mid 20s and snowing like a madman. I couldn't get out of my garage this morning because of the wall of snow outside.
Sounds like a good day to stay home and play some Atari!

Well that would be great but I'm in the Coast Guard so I don't get snow days.