IGNORED

Are you getting buried in snow like I am?

Rhindle The Red

Are you getting buried in snow like I am?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting buried in snow like I am?

• Woo Doggy, you better believe it. Can't see out the windows!
    • Well, it's getting pretty bad 'round here.
    • Not so much. Just enough to make you notice.
    • Nope, the snow hasn't started.
    • Keep shivering, it's the warm season where I am.
    • I feel for ya. We're warm all year long.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Southern Hemisphere here.

Current temperature still about 18 C (just under 70 F) @ 1:42 AM. Expecting near 30 (90ish) about 12 hours from now.

But, from memory we have had snow on Christmas day here about twice - even though it was about 15 minutes worth.

Actual "real" snow of any significance is limited to maybe 3 or 4 areas of Australia probably barely covering a total of several thousand square miles, but where I live is under an hour from snow in the coldest part of winter.

Haven't seen a flake so far this year. In fact it's been in the upper 60's/low 70's which is unusually warm for this time of year. Still only the higher altitudes ever get much snow around here. When there is any snow and/or ice everything shuts down and the day or two before, assuming the event was forecast, everyone stocks up on provisions like it's the end of the world. :D

Not to bitch for all you guys freezing. But it would be nice if it were at least cold here. Kind of hard to get into the Christmas spirit when it's 85 degrees outside. :roll:

I have an idea, but I'm not going to tell you what it is until you get a large fan, some (white) packing peanuts, and some clothing stuffed with ice.

Not to bitch for all you guys freezing. But it would be nice if it were at least cold here. Kind of hard to get into the Christmas spirit when it's 85 degrees outside. :roll:

I dunno man.. growing up in the islands, I like nothing better than a tropical christmas. :cool: Or as we use to sing: Jingle Bells, coconut shells stickerburrs all the way! :D

That being said, after getting out of Chicago over the weekend after being pelted with stinging snow to my face in the winds at like 11 degrees, coming here to Charlotte and having 75 degree weather aint too shabby either :lol: No palm trees here though...

I am very sad. It is currently raining here in northern Ohio, although it's supposed to change back to snow with blizzard-like conditions later. Still, I doubt we're going to get as much snow as we were originally forecast (up to a foot), although we're still under a winter storm warning until sometime tomorrow. The temperature has started to drop again, though, so that's a good sign.

..Al

I am very sad. It is currently raining here in northern Ohio, although it's supposed to change back to snow with blizzard-like conditions later. Still, I doubt we're going to get as much snow as we were originally forecast (up to a foot), although we're still under a winter storm warning until sometime tomorrow. The temperature has started to drop again, though, so that's a good sign.

..Al

How is it raining in Cleveland? It started snowing in the real Northern Ohio (Toledo) last night. Got about an inch, then slowed, now mild blizzard like conditions. Estimated 8-12" supposed to drop. Who wants to come brush off my truck? :cool: