IGNORED

Choplifter Graphical Glitch(?)

Elerach

Im having a problem with my choplifter 7800 cart. i can turn it on, the menu works fine, the game plays fine, but some times the graphics change colours and the sprites change. i was wondering what was wrong, and i there was anyway to fix this.

Pictures added:

pictures are too big to upload so i will be loading them on photobucket shortly.

Here are the pictures:

Glitched: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh223/E...ch/IMG_0143.jpg

Working: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh223/E...ch/IMG_0142.jpg

Edited by Elerach

Interesting. I had a cart of Choplifter that had graphical glitches. After awhile, it would seemingly revert to a simpler graphic style;smaller, less colorful chopper, smaller, single color people. smaller, less colorful american flag, etc. It almost looks like what the 2600 equivalent might be. Does this sound like your problem? Anyhow, I bought another cart, and it works fine on the same console.

Choplifter is only a 32K game so there's not much to fail inside of it besides the ROM chip itself. I guess it could be an issue of poorly made ROM chips that flake out on some 7800s. Picking up another copy of Choplifter is definitely cheaper than buying a new 7800. :)

Mitch

Choplifter is only a 32K game so there's not much to fail inside of it besides the ROM chip itself. I guess it could be an issue of poorly made ROM chips that flake out on some 7800s. Picking up another copy of Choplifter is definitely cheaper than buying a new 7800. :)

Mitch

Best advice your going to get my friend! ;)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...p;hl=choplifter

I have had the same exact problem (link above)

As I recall the problem ended up being with that cart and that 7800, the two were not compatible for whatever reason...

on the CC2 there is no problem on the same 7800... so the cart is the likely culprit.

Edited by FireTiger

I just picked another Choplifter! up. I was planning to build it into a RAM cart for DevOS, but it's not what I need for that. It seems to work as it's supposed to.

The end label will have to be repaired, and the screw was already exposed when I purchased the cart. One more thing, one of the ROM chip legs has been pulled up and it's connected to the board with a resistor. Holding the board with the chip face up and the connector pointed down, the lower right pin is connected by a resistor.

Anyway, I'm pretty good with label repair so the end label won't be a difficult fix. PM me if you're interested.

Edited by shadow460