IGNORED

Missile Command

[d2f]Iggy*SJB

I was going through the rarity guide, pulling up all the games I have, and found that I have a Missile Command(2600) that isn't listed. I grant, it's probably not "rare", but for inclusivity, I felt I should mention it. It is identical to this one:

Missile Command Atari Picture - Upper Case end label

Except that most of the text is lower case, including the end label.

Are pictures needed? I can provide if so.

Several minor (and a few major) label variations are not found in the AA database. I believe that AA's mission is to only include every U.S. released title, and every major label variation that anyone would instantly notice as being different from another. IMO, the Missile Command title variations do not fall into that category.

Missile Command was released at around the time of Atari's transition from text labels to picture labels. Like the text label games, the first two picture label issues (MC and Video Pinball) were initially released with lowercase titles on the main and end labels. Then apparently a corporate decision was made that picture labels should have uppercase titles, and later print runs of those two titles incorporate the change. There are even a few Missile Commands that can be found with capitals on the main and minors on the end labels, and vice-versa (probably from different factories using up old label stocks that ran out or were rediscovered at different times). I'm not sure, but I believe the same holds true for Video Pinball.

Edited by A.J. Franzman