IGNORED

Sniderman’s “Riddles in The Dark” 2600 Cart Giveaway!

Snider-man

Hey gang!

Well, just enough time to throw another cart at you folks before I pack up and leave for CGE next week. (That is, unless this giveaway ends within an hour or so…again.)

While eagerly awaiting the DVD release of “The Lord of The Rings,” I came up with the idea for this month’s giveaway. How many of you read “The Hobbit?” Well, when Bilbo was far underground in Gollum’s lair, they traded riddles. If Bilbo won, he’d get his freedom. If Gollum won, he’d get to eat Bilbo. Well, Bilbo won when he felt in his pocket and touched The Ring.

“What have I got in my pocket?” he asked, stumping Gollum.

And that’s this round’s question. I have a specific item I constantly have with me, usually carried in a pocket. Tell me what it is, and I’ll send you a copy of “Mountain King” for the Atari 2600. (Seemed only appropriate.)

As before, only one guess per person. I will occassionally come through and clear out the guesses, allowing those who have guessed before another chance at guessing. Place your guesses in this message thread. Do not e-mail me directly.

Because this may be tough, here are a few clues to get you started.

1. My mom gave me this last year so that I'd always remember my home.

2. Your answer must be specific. Answers that are vague or "all-encompassing" ("Is it a piece of paper?") will be considered wrong.

That’s it gang. I'll toss in more clues as we go. Good luck.

Interesting guesses. Well, two of you is on the right track. One of you is homing in on the object itself, whereas another is homing in on the specific "intent" of said item.

No need to give you further clues, as some of you are obviously paying attention to the fact that there's info about me out there in Internet-land.

Guesses are cleared. Previous guessers may go again. A few of you will kill yourself when you discover the answer.

I already have Mountain King, so if I won, I'd donate my prize to someone who doesn't already have that great game. I don't know if that disqualifies me or not, but I wanted to get that disclaimer in here just in case.

It's the spare key that was hidden under the mat, with which you let yourself into the house when you were younger, if your folks weren't home.

CF