IGNORED

Stupid Idea? Maybe? Maybe not?

I have an Idea for a restaurant I would like to build, after funding is straightened out and all. Here's the Idea, the tables will have certain cocktail games in them which you can play as you eat. So now, the sexy waitresses (Maybe I could hire Ariel Andrews...) wont just ask "Smoking or Non?" they'll be asking "Asteroids or Asteroids Deluxe?"

:D I doubt It'll ever open, but It was a good idea.

That is a cool idea, but the maintenance may be alot, cleaning food out of the buttons and all.....there is a great ice cream shop in New Hope,PA called Greshner's that used to have 4 cocktail machines instead of tables, very cool, but at times very, very messy :) :D

maybe thats why those machines aren't there anymore..... :| well last summer at least they weren't

Personally I think that's a great Idea, after all, they have sports themed restuarants, why not one themed around video games??? I think if it were ever to happen it would be a huge success.... :idea: Also, another suggestion for it, would be (I hope you now what I'm talking about here)...I've been in a few bars/restuarants that have trivia games that all the patrons play against each other...they get a controller so to speak, and various questions are asked, and you get points based on how fast you answer them... (if anybody has ever been to Damons in NewCastle, DE, or State College, PA you know what i"m talking about :?: )...I forget exactly what it's called, :ponder: or I'd point you to the website. Anyways, all the questions could be videogame related... That would be cool.

"M" :arrow: DAVE

• 1 month later...

I think the idea could work but it would require some sort of protection to keep food from getting into the machines themselves. If you can keep the maintenance cost reasonably low, it might be possible. It would certainly be a selling point. I suggest to keep the games to the classic type games since they can be played for a short time and people already know most of the rules.

New games could have complicated rules and would probably not be as enjoyable. You might even want to have a little corner of the store with some information regarding the histories of the games themselves.

We have a coffee house like that in my city... its been popular for about ten years now. You walking and it is a pretty typical coffe place, except the tables are all old video game cocktail tables. The decorating is prett hip... no Starbucks bullshit. The best part is they have an awesome Vintage Arcade in the back called the "Reagan Years". The arcade and the coffe house are two different business' owned by two different people, but the complement eachother really well!

VintageGamer

• 4 weeks later...

Bringing back an old topic here, since I just joined on here tonight, hope no one minds...

Personally I think that's a great Idea, after all, they have sports themed restuarants, why not one themed around video games???  

Maybe this isn't a national chain, but at least here in Houston they have (had? This was a few years ago, at least) a haircutting place for the young 'uns that can play video games or watch cartoons as they get their hair cut, as most children don't like getting their hair cut for the first few years. Don't know if it's still around, as my sister took her kid when she first moved here from Spain (this was in '98), but he just watched cartoons, since he was 2 back then, which is too young for games...

Anyway, I think it's a cool idea. Let us know if it works, if you get the funding for it and all.

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if this idea ever got off the ground. Last I heard of Miles I think he was in a vicious battle against the KKK, defending one of his "students" in his newly opened Dojo. From what I remember of that thread he started he was shot twice!!! But luckily managed to knock em out when they ran outta ammo. :roll:

And all this at age 19. I'm 31 and the damn bank wouldn't give me a $2,000 loan for a Camaro. This guy must have awesome credit. Hopefully that new-buisiness loan came thru and he's been busy opening this new resturant.