IGNORED

Abandoned On My Doorstep

BigO

When I got home today, there was a sorta ratty looking, unsealed corrugated box in the kitchen. My wife said it was in front of the door when she got home. Inside was a Sunnyvale 4 switch, power supply, 2 joysticks, boxed paddle controllers and 9 common carts.

My wife had mentioned my recently acquired Atari collecting habit in our Christmas letter, so surely that's why somebody dropped the stuff off here, but I haven't a single clue who left it.

Edited by BigO

When I got home today, there was a sorta ratty looking, unsealed corrugated box in the kitchen. My wife said it was in front of the door when she got home. Inside was a Sunnyvale 4 switch, power supply, 2 joysticks, boxed paddle controllers and 9 common carts.

My wife had mentioned my recently acquired Atari collecting habit in our Christmas letter, so surely that's why somebody dropped the stuff off here, but I haven't a single clue who left it.

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!The chances of that happening are probably less than winning the lottery!That must be every 2600 lovers dream!You lived it,amazing.

So Big O what are your plans for your new found "treasures"?

Dunno. It works fine, though the power supply was dead.

I've about exhausted the supply of friends who have any interest in having an Atari. I'll probably just squirrel it away with the rest of the stuff I have crammed in the shelves in my workshop.

Anybody have anything they'd like to trade for it? :)

Edited by BigO

Wow... congratualations! I wish someone would drop some Atari stuff on my doorstep. But sadly, it seems I am the only Atari enthusiast within a 300 mile radius of Lubbock, Texas. :)

Ahh well... if I can round up an extra power supply (I only have one at the moment for my 2600) I will definitely keep you in mind.

Wow... congratualations! I wish someone would drop some Atari stuff on my doorstep. But sadly, it seems I am the only Atari enthusiast within a 300 mile radius of Lubbock, Texas. :)

Ahh well... if I can round up an extra power supply (I only have one at the moment for my 2600) I will definitely keep you in mind.

Thank you for thinking of me, but I have another power supply.

If I'm ever near Lubbock again, I'll have my spies find out where you live so I can drop off some Atari stuff. ;)

My wife does have family in west Texas, (Wellman is the only town I can think of off the top of my head) but it's not atop the list of places we want to go on vacation.

Since they didn't keep it, whoever gave me this stuff must have been enthusiasts only in the sense of having found a place to get rid of it. :D

It was the only way the Illuminati could get an electronic surveillance device inside of your home without you noticing. :D

Heh, yeah, but way too obvious. So many world government decisions are made in my living room gathered around a 2600 console that we sweep those before every meeting.

:)

Thank you for thinking of me, but I have another power supply.

If I'm ever near Lubbock again, I'll have my spies find out where you live so I can drop off some Atari stuff. ;)

My wife does have family in west Texas, (Wellman is the only town I can think of off the top of my head) but it's not atop the list of places we want to go on vacation.

Since they didn't keep it, whoever gave me this stuff must have been enthusiasts only in the sense of having found a place to get rid of it. :D

You better make it quick... I am moving in a little over a month. :) Wellman... population 3. haha Actually I don't remember exactly where Wellman is... I think it is more North.

Anyway... congrats again.. and enjoy your find! :)