IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Dreaming big

RSS Bot

I hope to one day have something like one of the web's best places for videos, For Portlanders Only!, but for Salem. It is a very few select group in Salem that know that there's an over-the-air station called KWVT on channel 17, mainly for the fact that it's not on Comcast. I think the cable system in Brooks has it, and some other puny town's cable has it, but not Salem Comcast. Nuh-uh. They hate us because Comcast is evil. When I first read about then-channel 52 in the newspaper (they moved to 17 earlier this year), I said "Wow! An interesting concept. A Salem TV station!" So I shelled out $10 for an indoor antenna. At first, the transmission was weak, but earlier this year once they moved to 17, they souped up their transmission and now the signal is a lot better. So, what I'm saying is I want to put videos on my Salem, Oregon TV Historical Society page. They have locally produced ads. Like one for a restaurant called "The Blue Pepper", which has been airing for 2 years now, so I'll put it under the 2006 section, and this really hilarious (but not meant to be) one for the computer parts recycling plant. And then there's the mispunctuated KWVT ads themselves ("Thursday's at 12:30" one reads). It just irks me when someone does that. You don't need an apostrophe when something is plural! Oh well.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=4323