IGNORED

Brazilian Clones - Rarety Guide

Contieri

Hi, everyone,

I was wondering if anyone would like to develop the rarety guide for brazilian consoles/cartridges clones. I think it would be great if we could have that information here, since we have many cartridges listed, but with no information regarding their rarety.

See ya´

Contieri

Ola pessoal,

Gostaria de saber se alguém se interessaria em desenvolver um guia de raridade para consoles/cartuchos de clones brasileiros. Acho que seria ótimo se tivessemos essas informações aqui, uma vez que existem diversos listados, porém sem classificação quanto à raridade.

Abraço,

Contieri

I was wondering if anyone would like to develop the rarety guide for brazilian consoles/cartridges clones. I think it would be great if we could have that information here, since we have many cartridges listed, but with no information regarding their rarety.

A rarity guide with Brazilian games exists. It's the Digital Press Guide, ready to be released in a little over a week from today. If you get the chance, be sure to get yourself a copy! :idea:

Cheers,

Marco

Hi there Eduardo.

Well, acctualy my collection has been going the other way, collecting american cartridges, although most of them are polyvox ones. I do have some Dactar, Cosmovision, Digivision, Genus, Supergame and others cartridges. Nowadays, I have a Dactar and a Polyvox, both with their PC board made in Brazil. I once had a CCE Supergame 2600 (that is not the tape one, like THE Supergame, it was just its baptism name.) but I sold it recently, in orther to improove my cash flow ;-). The brazilian market for Atari is pretty much warm today, but people are not very informed about what are they buying or selling. The sad part of it all, is when you are going to buy a console. You keep hearing " I just threw them away a few years ago. I needed some room." ARGH!! - I bet those are no news for you!

During sometime in the 80´s (probably 84 or 85), the demand for the 2600 was so high, that Polyvox had to import some consoles because they could no produce enough to supply them, once again, just labeling and boxing it here. I think I have a few pictures of all of them, and if I don´t , I can get them. Just name it! It will be a pleasure to help you out.

As for the list, many of the producers tryied to number their cartridges lists, but I think that the one most efficient on that was CCE.

Talking about CCE, you guys were so cruel about them on Atari Age!! You said that they were pirates and stuff :-) !! During the 80´s, brazilians laws regarding computers and games were closed to the international market and didn´t protect the game producers in here, alowing anyone here to make copies of softwares. So, if you want to blame someone, blame brazilian governors!! Or thank them to allow the spread of clones in here.

I don´t have and cart list criteria and I would like to help Atari Age in order to develop some, or even use yours for naming and classifing the games around here. And I´m also looking for people that would like to exchange carts ;-).

Hugs,

Ricardo A. Contieri

Hey Alejandro:

Ok let's do this as our spare time project, considering the fact that you're currently living in Brazil and you seem to know a thing or two about the Atari market over there, I suggest that in your spare time grab a list of Brazilian titles and attempt to rank their rarity based on your experience as a Brazilian collector, you probably know better if a cart is rare or not in Brazil if you had a hard time trying to find it, of course the preliminary rarity list I'll compare it with other's people criteria and conclude wich carts are rare and wich are common, if there's a rarity list out there is probably made by american guys sitting a million miles away from Brazil and based on the rarity on the northamerican market behavior. So it wouldn't hurt if in our spare time we attempt to make an updated rarity list of our own for Latinamerican collectors and be able to compare our conclusions with others.

Let me know of any further progress on this topic here or email me at et2k@todito.com in english or spanish. Any further comments are also welcome anytime.

Hi Eduardo,

I´d like to know a little bit more about you methodology on rating the rarety. If you have any statistical criteria, or else. Probably the 1 to 10 numbering. I read the criteria you have, like "found on every pile", but maybe you have something else for that???

Well, that´s it!

See ya´

Ricardo "Alejandro" Contieri

Here's the 1 to 10 rating system:

1-Common

2-Common+ 1&2(Combats, Asteroids, $1 carts, paperweights)

3-Scarce

4-Scarce+ 3&4(usually common carts with label variations)

5-Rare

6-Rare+ 5&6(hard to find but obtainable after you browse trough a few dozens)

7-Very Rare

8-Very Rare+ (you will probably spend years to find these in the wild)

9-Extremely Rare (you're lucky if you ever come across these ones)

10-Unbelievably Rare (the elite, a lifetime achievement)

M-Modern Era (titles made in recent years)

P-Prototype (not released to the public, but a lab version)

?-Undetermined (not enough info available to rate its rarity)

Hi Eduardo...

So... I may say brazilian carts are all 3&4 ;-) since they are clones??? Just kiddin!

Well, thanks for the info. I thought you'd have any statistcs like: Total found / by total produced * total buried in the middle of the desert... Stuff like that...

Ok! I'll work with that rate. Let's see what I can bring you!!

Cheers!

Ricardo

Hi Eduardo...

So... I may say brazilian carts are all 3&4 ;-) since they are clones??? Just kiddin!

Well, thanks for the info. I thought you'd have any statistcs like: Total found / by total produced * total buried in the middle of the desert... Stuff like that...

Ok! I'll work with that rate. Let's see what I can bring you!!

Cheers!

Ricardo

• 2 weeks later...

Olá Ricardo!!!

Desculpe me intrometer na conversa, pois não manjo nada de Atari 2600, apesar de ter jogado muito ele na minha infância... Meu negócio é Jaguar. Mas é que foi a primeira vez que vi alguém falando português aqui...

Você faz parte do canal 3?!

Um abraço