IGNORED

Anyone pick up Unreal Tournament 3?

bdog_147

I picked it up on launch and have been playing the hell out of it. Great game - fast, beautiful, intense, and chaotic fun. There's a good variety between mission types and vehicles. I'm an old school UT PC player who dominated that game, and I was going to refuse to buy UT3 unless they put in mouse/keyboard functionality. And the funny thing is that while m/k support is indeed included and works well, I find myself playing with the sixaxis all the time and kicking ass. :cool: And online you can filter sixaxis / m/k only games if you choose.

Bot play is fun and challenging, online play is fast and even the single player campaign is fun and though there isn't a deep story, it still has 200x more story than Time Shift. :D

I suggest you buy it if you have experience in console FPSs and are looking for one for your PS3 (but then, there's also Resistance and Call of Duty). The presentation is absolutely stunning-- as it should be, since the engine was developed in tandem for the PS3. In the middle of the action, though, it's hard to tell what's what. Some of the weapons/characters don't look different enough.

There's no splitscreen so it's not exactly a party game, but I've heard it might be patched to support it. Who knows? We'll see.

I got it for Christmas and while I've only played the game a couple times so far (due to time and family commitments), it's EXCELLENT!

Only problem (not a complaint) I've had is that I have to be really picky about which online match I enter, as my broadband service isn't the best and I can suffer lag up the wazoo on UT3. Not sure why as I have no problems with Resistance or Motorstorm.

I highly recommend UT3 if FPS frag fests are your thing.

Mendon