IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Getting back into Oric programming

RSS Bot

Well, my programs are written in BASIC, so it could probably be done on any Oric-like machine, but I chose the Oric because it's unique. This next program I'm working on is a tic-tac-toe game called "Tic-Tac-Toric." A few months back, you may remember my Tic-Tac-Toe program using batari Basic. I'm just importing the logic to the Oric, and, unlike Puckman, this program will have sound! Wow! You are X, and the Oric is O (seems fitting that the Oric would be O because Oric starts with O.) The playing screen is just basically this:

XOX
OXO
XOO

To enter X into a space, press the space (also seems fitting.) I'm also planning on some sort of buzzer if you try to enter into the wrong space. By the way, if you have a real Oric or some sort of emulator, here's Puckman, a *very* simple tag-like game. I tried doing something like this when I was a kid using Q Basic, but I never got farther from making a trilogy of now-lost-forever humorous text-based games called "The 4th Dimension" 1, 2 and 3. Maybe I should port a 4th Dimension-like game to the Oric. Hmmm... I'm working on an Oric webpage for Atari 2600 Land so you can see progress on my Oric games. More on this later.

Attached File(s)

zip.gif

puckman.zip ( 13.66K )

Number of downloads: 0

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=4357