IGNORED

Stan's Amazing Spider-man Contest!

StanJr

:spidey: :spidey:

Ok, I'm not the Contest Wizard Snider-man is, but in the spirit of his great giveaways here it goes!

You, YES YOU, can win a label-not-so-good Parker Bros. Spider-man cart (the end label is kinda messed up but HEY its free!) All you have to do is answer the following 10 Spider-man trivia questions. The questions are ranked Easy (E), Moderate (M), and Hard (H). There are 3 easy questions, 4 moderate, and 3 hard questions.

The first perfect score of 100% wins automatically. If such is not done then we move to the raffle. All it takes is 80% correct to qualify. I will take the first 10 people to qualify, then I will e-mail each of the 10 qualifiers a run-off question. The first correct answer will win. I will cover all shipping costs, etc.

You may post yer answers here, or via secret ballot Private Message. E-mailing me will only make me cross.

There are to be NO hints, the moderate and easy questions can most likely be researched on the net or are assumed to be general knowledge, the hard questions are much tougher. If there are further questions feel free to ask. This contest will run from now until I have a 100% winner or Tuesday at midnight (EST) when the first 10 qualifiers will be selected.

Here are the :?:

:?: (E) In what comic book (Title and Issue #) did Spider-man make his first appearance?

:?: (M) How many printing (cover) variations were there for issue #1 of Todd McFarlane's Spider-man comic series (1st printing only).

:?: (H) Name the actor cast as Peter Parker/Spider-man in the Spider-man Live Action TV series that ran from 1977-1979.

:?: (M) Name 5 Spider-man villains.

:?: (E) Who was the writer/artist team who created Spider-man?

:?: (H) In the Spider-man Japanese TV series (late 1970's), what was the occupation of Spider-man's alter ego, Yamashiro Takuya, before he became Spider-man?

:?: (M) In the comic books, name two important people in Peter Parker/Spider-man's life who have died and STAYED DEAD (clones do not count)

:?: (E) How many points does it take to earn an extra life in the Parker Bros. Spider-man Atari 2600 game?

:?: (M) How many total different costumes are available for selection in the Playstation Spider-man game?

:?: (H) How many Spider-man comics do I own? (you have a 50 comic margin of error)

Good Luck!

1. amazing fantasy #14

2.five if u count the variation with the bacode on the cover instead of the spider man head

3.nicholas hammond

4.vulture mysterio venom carnage green goblin

5.stan lee (writer) jack kirby(artist)

6.street vender?

7.ben parker , stacy

8.10,000 points

1.) Amazing Fantasy #15

2.) 4? (Gold Silver Green and Platinum) More if bar-code varients count.

3.) Nicholas Hammond

4.) Venom

Doctor Octopus

Green Goblin

King Pin

Carnage

5.) Stan Lee/ Jack Kirby

6.) Motocross racer

7.) Uncle Ben

Gwen Stacy

8.) 10,000 points

9.) 10 costumes

10.) 310

After confirming Moycon's answers for 1, 6 and 9...

1.) Amazing Fantasy #15

2.) 4 (5 with bar code variation)

3.) Nicholas Hammond

4.) Venom, Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, King Pin, Carnage

5.) Stan Lee/ Jack Kirby

6.) Motocross racer

7.) Uncle Ben, Gwen Stacy

8.) 10,000 points

9.) 10 costumes

10.) 1,300

Eat that krisjohn.... And quit copying my villian answers.

I was going to just post a reference like "As Moycon for 1-9...", but you could have edited your post :D

I think there's only around 2,500 substantially different Spider-Man comics, so "bazillion" seems a little high. How about a Hojillion?

1.amazing fantasy #15

2. 5 if u count the bar code variation

3.nicolas hammond

4. venom,carnage,docter octapus,green goblin,vulture

5. stan lee (writer) jack kirby ( artist)

6. motocross racer

7. uncle ben and gwen stacy

8. 10,000 points

9. 10 costumes

10. 450 spider man comics

Man, you people are good, or my contest sucks.

However, NO ONE is a perfect 100% yet. Here is how it breaks down thus far:

chromizone: 90%

krisjohn: 90%

moycon: 80%

lonesome pa: 90%

To clarify a few things:

Barcode variations DO count as cover variations, but bagged or unbagged DO NOT.

A "Spider-man Villain" is considered someone who has appeared more than thrice in a Spider-man comic, and mad his FIRST APPEARANCE in a Spider-man comic.

I DO NOT own more than 5000 Spider-man comics (so the bazillion thing was me exaggerating a bit, a bit )

Keep those answers coming and thanks for playing! I see no way that this contest will last until next Tuesday! :D

[/i]

1.amazing fantasy #15

3.nicolas hammond

6. motocross racer

8. 10,000 points

9. 10 costumes

10. 3200 spider man comics

1.amazing fantasy #15

3.nicolas hammond

6. motocross racer

8. 10,000 points

9. 10 costumes

10.4400 spider man comics

Has this turned into simply "how many Spider-man comics does Stan own?"?

I'm not positive that my Villans list is correct. If all I changed from Moycon's entry is the number of comics Stan owns and he's got 8/10 and I've got 9/10 then it stands to reason that I've guessed the right number of comics. But then there's that 4 vs 5 variants question...

I'll change my 4. to:

Venom, Carnage, Doctor Octapus, Green Goblin, Vulture

first off krisjohn u take mine and moycon's not to mention others answers and then go on to steal every single name i had in my villain list and even in the same order???( so i changed mine!!) whats your deal are u even a spider man comic fan? or r u just intrested in a free cart? back off man u dont deserve to win

whats your deal are u even a spider man comic fan? or r u just intrested in a free cart? back off man u dont deserve to win

It's all just a bit of light-hearted fun. I try to enter any little competition that doesn't start and end while I'm asleep over here in Australia.

Anyway, when an answer's right an answer's right.

Am I a Spier-Man comic fan? Not really. I used to watch the old TV show a bit. I've been trying to watch Spiderman Unlimted, or whatever the animated series is (but the artwork just isn't up to Batman of the Future). I saw the recent movie of course. I played the PC version of the game where you turn into a skeleton as you get hurt. Found a quick route through to the end and all.

But I have actually played the game on offer on a real 2600. Have you?

Simmer down people, I told you this is my first contest, there are going to be mistakes. And BESIDES, I TOLD YOU you could send your answers via PM, instead of posting here.

I may have posted % for each person, but I did not indicate what was correct or incorrect. (this is what I call an "out" :D )

NO ONE has 100% just yet. Some people are close.

I've modified the finish date for the contest, since I did not realize that it would be such a fast contest (don't worry, I'm working on another one :) , cause these are FUN and I LOVE to GIVEAWAY games!!!! :D ). The contest will end SATURDAY midnight EST. At which time I will post a run-off question (supposing no 100% winnners).

I also must insist upon Snider-man's "ONE SUBMISSION PER" rule. ALL SLATES ARE CLEAR. You may post one COMPLETE answer per 12 hour period until midnight Saturday. (gives you about 2 or 3 more chances).

A note to your answers, First and Last names are required for ALL real people.

Learning as I goes, Stan :spidey: