IGNORED

jboypacman's Blog - The Good,The Bad,and The Ugly of 2007

RSS Bot

My GameBlips! website partner-in-crime Dalum did something like this for his LiveJournal and i thought i would follow suit so here we go............

The Good of 2007:

1)GameBlips!- Yes, the short-lived and long forgotten BBS fansite/page turned videogame fan website saw life again and after a name change from the Conduit to GameBlips! it was off the ground to a slow start but is slowly building in speed now.

2)New additions to my video gaming collection-PS2,Bally Astrocade,Super Pong,Atari Lynx,and the Odyessy2 all found a new home in my collection this year.

3)2600 Homebrews-It was a very strong year for 2600 homebrews i feel with Elevators Amiss,GoSub!,and Encave to name a few that where for sale at the AtariAge sale.

4)The Midwest Gaming Classic-I finally went to my first classic gaming show and it was awesome even if i only spent a few hours there and i got to meet some great AAers too(Al,Tempest,ect).

The Bad of 2007:

1)Steve Mcfadden-This scam artist almost took money from me but thanks to CPUWIZ who sent me a warning i was able to avoid being ripped off(Thanks WIZ!).

2)2600 A/C power suppy died-Not a major bad but still it is the first piece of my classic gaming equipment to have died on me.

3)Adventure II fight-I decided to sell my collectors copy of Adventure II and i had a verbal fight breakout over it which was not cool at all.

The Ugly of 2007:

1)Invaders from Hyperspace!-I got this in a lot of Odyssey2 i had gotten from the Midwest Gaming Classic and the game itself is good but the cart was pretty bad shape.

2)My Wii Hunt-Ask Mrs.Jboypacman how ugly i got when i couldnt find a Nintendo Wii for Christmas! Good thing i regained my senses and decided it wasnt worth it(I will wait untill later in the year to get one).

So not a bad year i would say with thoses bumps in the road we always run over in our lives.I hope everyone will have a great 2008! :)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=4371