IGNORED

Jaguar programming?

Crazyace

Anyone get jag development running under cygwin or windows xp?

I haven't got anything that runs win95 anymore - and I'm reluctant to run an AtariST simulator to host the jaguar development tools :)

Was there source for the jaguar gcc? what about madmac?

No source for Jaguar GCC , madmac, or ALN. Supposedly Brainstorm over in France might have the stuff, but talks with them have been useless.

I have the DOS/Windows 9X tools on my website. Go to the download section.

http://www.hillsoftware.com

They work fine under DOSBox on any platform DOSBox supports. There is also a hacked version of DOSBox that has printer support so you can use wdb or rdbjag to talk to an Alpine.

Some have said that the Jaguar tools work fine under Vista. They definitely don't work under 2000 or XP.

Lots more info of this over on Jaguar Sector II.

http://jaysmith2000.ipbhost.com/index.php?

Anyone get jag development running under cygwin or windows xp?

I haven't got anything that runs win95 anymore - and I'm reluctant to run an AtariST simulator to host the jaguar development tools :)

Was there source for the jaguar gcc? what about madmac?

Concerning GCC, you chould contact SebRmv on this forum, he made a cross compiler gcc on a Linux box, and a windows distribution too I think.

And a library to use with it (or with ASM).

I only found an article in french, explaining how to build the gcc :

http://removers.free.fr/spip/article.php?id_article=92

Any cross-compilation guide can be adapted if you want to build your own GCC, so if you can't read french you can search on other tutorials.

Also note only the 68k is supported in GCC (and I think the newer versions dropped it), so no Jag RISC support there.

Thanks,

I still have the original docs somewhere - but it's actually more convenient to hit the internet than search in the loft.

DosBox works fine for me.. ( I'm using Steem to run my old ST/Amiga devpac environment.. )

How's this coming along CrazyAce? Ever get another Jag? or dig an old one out?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks,

I still have the original docs somewhere - but it's actually more convenient to hit the internet than search in the loft.

DosBox works fine for me.. ( I'm using Steem to run my old ST/Amiga devpac environment.. )

No chance yet - I was perusing Ebay to see the used prices, but I might just order a new one from Telegames.

At some point ( hopefully soon ) I may see my home again - living in hotels sucks when it's longer term

Thanks,

No chance yet - I was perusing Ebay to see the used prices, but I might just order a new one from Telegames.

At some point ( hopefully soon ) I may see my home again - living in hotels sucks when it's longer term

Well post in the auction/marketplace on Jaguar Sector II. Tell them you use to work on the Jag back in the day and you're looking to buy a used Jag in good condition for nostalgia/tinkering. I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of people eagerly stepping up to help get you set up again quickly and at a reasonable price.

Edited by JagChris

Crazyace, if you ever get the urge to be magnanimous, Cdoty(coder of Frog Feast for every system under the sun) could probably use some assembly language tips from you considering your experience on the Jag.

I've read through most of the stuff on the Risc forum. I'm looking for the next step, in showing actual use and interaction with the hardware.
Edited by JagChris

• 4 weeks later...
Found some old code - completely forgot about this ( it's the only thing that runs in VJ )

I've ordered a Jaguar - but I dont think I'll actually be home to play with it ( read - swap bootrom ) for another few weeks :(

Looks great, Crazyace! Good luck on your future jag coding :D