IGNORED

3DO question?

Phantom

Anyone know if they made extension cables for the controllers?

I have a Game Gun but would prefer that I was able to be atleast 5-10 more feet away from the TV screen than the Gun itself allows so any info is appeciated.

Thank You :)

Edited by Phantom

Damn, how far away do you want to sit? You have a 60 foot room that its in? :D

Technically you can use any fully wired 9 pin cable to extend it I believe. A 2600 type extension, or even a serial cable that fit would do it. Though for the gun, if you get to far it's likely not to work properly anymore.

yes,there was.i had one,used it alot back when i played my 3do alot.i dont know if i still have it.i cant make any promises,but if i get in my storage bins of controllers and hookups and find it,its yours.

Thanks Mark, Shoot me your wanted list and I'll see what I can find for ya in a trade. Of course if you insist I just take it, I'll have to pay it forward to someone.

Good deeds should be honered with more good deeds.

Thanks a bunch and let me know if you ever come across it. Thanks again, ANt :)

Damn, how far away do you want to sit? You have a 60 foot room that its in? :D

Technically you can use any fully wired 9 pin cable to extend it I believe. A 2600 type extension, or even a serial cable that fit would do it. Though for the gun, if you get to far it's likely not to work properly anymore.

LOL, I like to sit on the couch lol!

Its about atleast 3 more feet away and far enough where I cant lean against it while sitting on the floor even. The farther the distance is for gun games always makes me happier.

I dont know if it makes it actually harder but it appears so to my brain lol, and therefore more of a challenge but I'd also rather sit on the couch.

I tried my 2600 extension last night and it did not work. The only thing I could think of why was that there is a metal casing around the tip of thr plug for the 3DO, I dont know if this is specially designed so the unit will only recognize 3DO controllers or what but it wouldnt work with the xtension. I was thinking along the lines you mentioned because the pin layout appears to be the same. I think the gun would work from the couch and the plug for that gamegun doesnt appear to be more than 5 ft which i think is kinda short. Thank you both for your comments and help. Cheerios and candy canes to ya'all. :)

Edited by Phantom

You could eyeball the female end and see if there are connectors in every hole, or use a meter to verify.

I've eyeballed plenty of females but my connectors dont always make it to the holes and my meter doesnt work as well as it once did. :P :D

Sorry, I couldnt resist when you talk dirty like that to me! LMAO!!!

Seriously I wil eyeball it but im generally a technical moron so even if I find the issue,

its probably best to get another one.

Thanks though you sweet thang! :lust:

Genesis Ext. Cables will work. There are a few aftermarket wireless controllers as well.

OK I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE WIRELESS!!!

What is Wireless for this system and does anyone have any wireless controllers for sale and if you are Infering that the GAME GUN will somehow work with a wireless controller, please expand on this, as this I would sincerely love!

Thanks again Ghost Soldier and you all for everyones input!

I lub you guys! :lust: :love: :lust:

Edited by Phantom

Genesis Ext. Cables will work. There are a few aftermarket wireless controllers as well.

OK I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE WIRELESS!!!

What is Wireless for this system and does anyone have any wireless controllers for sale and if you are Infering that the GAME GUN will somehow work with a wireless controller, please expand on this, as this I would sincerely love!

Thanks again Ghost Soldier and you all for everyones input!

I lub you guys! :lust: :love: :lust:

no the gun will not be wireless :D

i think he was just saying that there are wireless controllers for the system

these are the ones i own

post-541-1200338294_thumb.jpg

post-541-1200338300_thumb.jpg