IGNORED

Missadventure Revised (Adventure hack)

accousticguitar

It easily could be 256 if another method was used for "room diffs" instead of using the high bit of the room number variable (or if that part of the program was removed altogether). There's a fine line between making the game bigger and making the game more boring, tho ;) Added rooms don't "cost" anything in terms of system resources - beyond an extra line in the room data table...and a seperate gfx definition if you want. ROM is cheap...and you could alter the program to use multiple banks if everything doesn't fit in one (for example, branch to different banks if the room # is high or low).

I've had that happen. The interior walls of the castles are connected somehow.
IIRC that is part of the game's secrets. There's a quick shortcut to move objects around if you use one of them...and you can make the game unfinishable if you trap a needed item in another (it's sent to the game selection room). Use caution when moving things into side walls.

There's a fine line between making the game bigger and making the game more boring, tho ;)

Agreed. MissAdventure Revised has 112 rooms, and that's plenty. Sometimes it's too many rooms, like when I've played the game for 10 minutes or so, I'm heading to the Emerald Palace with the princess and the bat comes along and steals her away. Then I have to go search the entire kingdom to find her again. Stupid bat! :D

IIRC that is part of the game's secrets. There's a quick shortcut to move objects around if you use one of them...and you can make the game unfinishable if you trap a needed item in another (it's sent to the game selection room). Use caution when moving things into side walls.

Could there be some secrets to this game I have not discovered yet? :o

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...