IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Week #13 - Bump 'N' Jump

NOTE: THIS WEEKS GAME HAS ENDED!

Bump 'N' Jump

post-14567-1201073586.jpg

Game Info

Bump 'N' Jump is an action racing game played from a top down point of view. As you race through the treacherous and ever changing roadways, the numerous enemy cars will be trying to bump you off the road. You need to make sure you bump the cars out of the way before you get bumped and crash into the sides yourself! Your car also has the ability to jump quite high if you have enough speed. This is useful to jump over enemy cars if there are too many in the way, and must also be used to jump gaps in the roadway and other highway obstacles. As the levels progress, the road becomes narrower with more obstacles in the way, and the other cars increase in number and in aggressiveness.

-This game was suggested by: theking21083

-Skill level: 1

Challenge

-None

HSC Info

-Post your scores in this thread and every couple of days I will update the leaderboard.

-The cutoff for posting scores will be the following Wednesday at 1:00 A.M. Eastern.

-Use the same skill level as posted so that all the scores will be acurate.

-Please read the Rules and Regulations thread for a thoural description of the HSC rules.

-If you would like to make a challenge for this game try to let me know before you post your first score.

Current High Scores

1st - duncantoml (220,624)

2nd - joeybastard (138,844)

3rd - Ikrananka (95,720)

4th - Mister VCS (79,256)

5th - RJ (59,956)

6th - theking21083 (57,348)

Leaderboard

1st -duncantoml +137 points

2nd -joeybastard +106 points

3rd -chuckwalla +86 points

4th -theking21083 +82 points

5th -Ikrananka +72 points

6th -Mister VCS +40 points

7th -RJ +35

8th -Recycled +32 points

9th -Blackjack +26 points

10th-PressureCooker2600 +22 points

10th-1982VideoGames +22 points

11th-Prodos8 +11

12th-Albert +9 points

12th-jetset +9 points

13th-jboypacman +11 points

14th-purenergy +6 points

14th-ladybugz +6

15th-edweird13 +1 point

15th-ScottHuggins +1 point

15th-Artlover +1 point

15th-Murph74 +1 point

Edited by theking21083

my best score after the first (and the last?) session:

I am sure that duncantoml could play this game on skill-level 1 until his ColecoVison burns... :)

I made the score with the standard controller.

I don't think that i could improve my score if i use the driving-module. Fresh batteries are expensive!

The scrolling is very good at this game, but the cars flickers like the ghosts at Atari 2600 Pac-Man.

Not one of my favorite games, it is only fun this week to reach a highscore, but not very motivating

without the competition.

post-98-1201106536_thumb.jpg

Played one game for a score of 103,628 and got to the 6th course. Not sure if I'll get a chance to play any more this week.

The bump n jump trick were if you do not wreck any cars thru any single track, you will get 50,000 bonus points at the end of that track does work on the CV version. :) Harder than it sounds to pull it off.

post-7327-1201143771_thumb.jpg

update: 79,256

I finished pattern 1 without eliminating any opponent car, but there was no 50,000 bonus :ponder:

BTW: which version is more recommended: the ColecoVison or Intellivision-one?

Here's a picture of the No Car Bonus. Did you crash your car during the lap? On this screen shot I did not. I'm thinking that you are not allowed to crash your car either.

I don't think I've ever played the Intellivision version, but the CV version has got to be better!

post-7327-1201174662_thumb.jpg