IGNORED

Atari 5200 HSC Round 22 *The Dreadnaught Factor*

Atari5200

Well it was coming sooner or later, my favorite 5200 game. The Dreadnaught factor.

I'm going to start running the competitions will end 2-09-2008.

This game is a little different as there is no default difficulty, you have to chose what # game you want. So with that being said, all games must be played from game 5. Game 5 I believe is the first game setting that has unlimited Dreadnaughts. Everything before 5 you only have a certain amount you need to destroy, plus game 5 is in my opinion where a default difficulty should be.

So lets make Earth proud and destroy those Star destr...errr Dreadnaughts.

EDIT: Changed ending date back to the 2 week increment as something special is planed for the next round.

FINAL LEADERBOARD

Doctorclu: 27596

Hex6500: 18163

Atari5200:13456

Shannon: 10606

RXD: 6877

Mike5200:4870

Bydoempire: 3948

Goochman:2642

Edited by Atari5200

Well it was coming sooner or later, my favorite 5200 game. The Dreadnaught factor.

This game is a little different as there is no default difficulty, you have to chose what # game you want. So with that being said, all games must be played from game 5. Game 5 I believe is the first game setting that has unlimited Dreadnaughts. Everything before 5 you only have a certain amount you need to destroy, plus game 5 is in my opinion where a default difficulty should be.

EDIT: Changed ending date back to the 2 week increment as something special is planed for the next round.

cool!

A must have game for the 5200! I'll be in this one..

yeah, all you have to do is destroy the vents, nothing else matters. I think the Video Game Critic reviewed the game and said you had to destroy everything which is false.

Also for anybody that is now looking to buy this game, I highly recommen you get a complete copy. It has one of the best boxes and instruction pamphlets of any classic game that I have.

Edited by Atari5200

Oh the irony! I dusted this off yesterday and was completely oblivious to this high score round. I think my best was around 7,500 ; But since I failed to document it I'll return with a properly documented score.

Oh yeah, try it on 7 for fun and watch the ownership occur... :P

Edit: I had a go this evening and demolished my old score: 12,806 ! Not the #1 slot, but most respectable.

Hex.

[ You shall feel my wrath!!! Umm... Just-a-sec-be-right-back... ]

post-3934-1202180496_thumb.jpg

Edited by hex65000

Oh yeah, try it on 7 for fun and watch the ownership occur... :P

Hex.

[ You shall feel my wrath!!! Umm... Just-a-sec-be-right-back... ]

Yeah that's rough. For the first time playing a 5200 game I was able to totally wear out my wrist and hand when I got my high score, the Dreadnaughts are pretty relentless when you get up to the 8th and 9th one.

Going to up the ante here: 18,163 !!!

That last one was a total mess too... my heart is still pounding. :D

I doubt that I can pull off anything better score-wise. It took a lot of suicide runs to take em down.

Hex.

[ "V! V! V Victory! Transformers... Victory!" --Transformers Victory theme music from Japan ]

post-3934-1202352041_thumb.jpg

Going to up the ante here: 18,163 !!!

That last one was a total mess too... my heart is still pounding. :D

I doubt that I can pull off anything better score-wise. It took a lot of suicide runs to take em down.

Hex.

[ "V! V! V Victory! Transformers... Victory!" --Transformers Victory theme music from Japan ]

Sweet!! Good job!

Got on a streak today.... Almost double my score from last night that I didn't post yet.

Man they really pour on the onslaught in those later levels. Those diagonal turrets really get me.

post-3211-1202383720_thumb.png

Edited by Shannon

Got on a streak today.... Almost double my score from last night that I didn't post yet.

Man they really pour on the onslaught in those later levels. Those diagonal turrets really get me.

It's a real shame you can't borrow the ship from Vanguard in those later levels and have the ability to shoot sideways. Oh well. :D

Those diagonal turrents are easier in some situations. For one, in earlier levels they are pointed down. Later levels you can kinda trick them into facing a diagonal direction, fly back under their range of attack, and blast them while turned.

I wanted to see if Hex65000's awesome score of 18K could be beat since this was not declared closed... and found it could be done!! :D VICTORY... 10 Dreadnaughts and 27,596.

Thanks for the awesome competition and helping me improve my game on this old time favorite of mine.

post-4709-1202591784_thumb.jpg

I wanted to see if Hex65000's awesome score of 18K could be beat since this was not declared closed... and found it could be done!! :D VICTORY... 10 Dreadnaughts and 27,596.

Thanks for the awesome competition and helping me improve my game on this old time favorite of mine.

I bow to your skill. :D I could barely break 10,000 today. :| Man, that ship stock must have taken you way over the top.

Hex.

[ Is teh suk at Joust... :P ]