IGNORED

How often do you pre-order video games?

Rhindle The Red

How often do you pre-order video games?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you pre-order video games?

• All the time.
    • Once in a while.
    • On very rare occasions.
    • Never.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Once in a while. Pretty much only if there's a pre-order bonus I want like a t-shirt, or a discount (like gamestop giving an extra 20% credit for pre-ordering SSB). Occasionally I'll preorder a game wihtout a bonus if it's something I absolutely know I will buy anyways (Metroid, Zelda, etc), but that's pretty rare.

I never did. My younger brother pre-ordered a couple of games in the past including Smash Brothers Browl for the Wii at an online store that is not owned by gamestop. It is a place that my brother and I used in the past for movies as chirstmas gifts. The store does a great job of shipping the stuff on time.

I get fed up with all the employees that want me to pre-order a game because I bought a game from them. They right away want you to pre-order a game after you pay for a game. I don't think it is worth it as a result to pre-order.

Employees are being too aggressive for having consumers to pre-order games. That is caused the expected amount of copies the store or a store of a chain wants to be sold. The employees are getting a percentage of the pre order sales or the store expects each employee to have a certain number of customers to pre-order a certain game.

The employees act at gamestop act like if you are comitting a crime by not pre-ordering a game. I wasn't being rude or nothing the employee to make the employee act that way.

That is why I don't pre-order at a gamestop.

Edited by 8th lutz

For new games? Only if it comes with something:

Ocarina of Time Bonus Disc for Windwaker

Star Wars Arcade game for Rebel Strike (for which I never picked up the latter)

For homebrews? Only if...

--> it's something I'm interested in

AND it's only available in limited quantities

AND it's something I can afford

Other than that: there's no incentive to pre-ordering

[edit: clarified with "AND"s so it doesn't sound like I jump on anything produced in limited quantities *coughtronmanpicturecartcough*]

Edited by Emehr

I put down Never for myself as I honestly can't remember the last time I've been on preorder for video games. (Atari Age releases are a different matter, although even then..)

I'll generally pick up the game when I see it at the store, if it's something I want. If they don't have the supplies, well, I have no problem doing without. I have a LOT of games in my collection that still need to be played, some of them that still need to be unwrapped!

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

On very rare occasions, and even then just homebrews. I wouldn't ever pre-order a commercial game. They're produced in mega quantities and having it on day 1 means nothing to me, so I see no need.

I only did once. It was a shooter for the Gamecube, but it never got released. They cancelled it because the Wii came out. And Nintendo Power even reviewed the game. I guess the promo copies were sent out, but none to Amazon or the stores.

I would still preorder a homebrew for the 2600 or 800, but other than those I think I'd hesitate to preorder another game.

• 1 month later...

I have preordered three times in the past six months or so, the only times I have done this. I preordered: Castlevania: Lord of Shadow Limited Edition (360), Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) and Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Edition (Wii), I own every conceivable incarnation of the Mario Bros games but what the hell, right? With DKCR, my gf and I arrived at Gamestop like 5min after closing, so we ended up just buying it at an indy store that night!!