IGNORED

atari

Skywalker

Do you know who was selling it? His/Her name?

The guy I am going to buy mine from is in Woodinville. Just curious to know if it is the same guy? I dont want to buy it for more than $150.00 if its the same guy.

This one looks to be in great shape. I will have to wait until I can actually see it working though.

:P

I paid $130.00 for mine working fine and in good shape. That's the most I have ever paid for any video game though. I try to get them CHEAP!!! It's worked so far. Have had close to 100 machines and most were in the free-$35.00 each range. I would say the best price guide is eBay.

I got a Xevious for $35 last December (decent condition; works perfectly, except for a dead monitor in need of a flyback), along with a Kangaroo cabinet that had been converted into Samurai (Taito) for $75. I've restored the latter to a full Kangaroo machine, and I'll get started on Xevious one of these days.

Typically, I see Xevious go for no more than $300, usually less. check eBay periodically, and bookmark the Xevious auctions to see what the final prices are.

This game was one of my favorites when I was a kid - I even wrote down everything that was on the control panel because I thought all the ships were cool. :D Can't wait to get mine working...

HEAVY***6***er

Man you guys find some good stuff cheap! Is that just the Board or the whole thing (Cabinet with evertything)? I am probably going over to have another look at the machine later today.

I will probably haggle the price down a little bit, what do you think about paying more that 200.00 for a Xevious Machine? This one looks to be in great shape.

I recently got a 2 slot Neo Geo machine from him. Its cool having Arcade machines at home.. I want some more!!! :lust: :P :lolblue: :evil: :twisted:

I got the Xevious cabinet yesterday, I traded my playstation2 and 140.00 in gamecredit for the Xevious cabinet, a Neo Geo 1 Slot MVS board with a Jamma Harness and a MVS game!

I had my neighbor help me pull it up the stairs into my place. Not as heavy as my Neo Geo cabinet though... We took it out of the owners shop yesterday and while loading it in my truck, there were some huge spiders underneath the cabinet.... :spidey: ... I just found another big one today crawling around......

The only thing wrong with it is the coin door has some paint peeling off of it and the back door is missing and some slight burn in on the moniter.

Anyone know where I can find a Manuel for this one? I need to clean it up a little bit........ The guy I traded with also has 2 Atari Starwars Stand up Arcades too :lust: ....... I want one of those too. He wont sell one to me..... I already asked.....

take care,

Skywalker.......

• 2 weeks later...

I have cleaned this out very clean now, it plays well for the first 20-25 mins of play.... then there is some white specks, that begin to show up.... a little at first and then a while later it gets to be more and more...

Anyone know about this kind of screen behavior? The moniter has some bad burn in it but during gameplay it works perfect....besides the white snowy ....effects showing up..?? :ponder: The sound is great also!

The board looks to be fine, soldering looks good and I have pushed the chips in to make sure they are seated well.... any other trouble shooting tips to give me??

I will post pics...probably tommorow :)

Ok I finally took some pics of my Xevious Cabinet. I still can not figure out why the screen starts up Perfect and after a while it gets snowy on the screen.

I tried to take some goood screen shots but the damn flash just ruins the picture. These are the best screen shots I have right now. They show the start of the FUZZ and I think there is one with very bad fuzz on the screen.

Also a side shot of the Cabinet, the Cabinet is in great shape.... Artwork is very nice and all original.

If anyone knows about these screen problems, can you please let me know what is up and how I can fix it?

Here is the Pics:

This Pic. was taken before I took it home.... The graffx are pretty nice and shiny. The Marquee header is cracking a little :sad: I cleaned it out up there, that is where the lightbulb is and it looks like the Art work can be replaced, it is only thin vinyl material.

Another question: Where can I buy a replacement for this?

The Pic:

Looks more like a board problem than a monitor problem from what I can see. Blow the dust off the board, reseat chips and see if that helps. The white sparklies look entirely too regular to be a cap problem. I would lean more to the RAM acting up. BTW I think www.stormaster.com has a pdf manual for download.

Alan

Hey thanks for the info.... When I picked up the cabinet the guy told me that he just replaced the board... hmmmm..... i wonder :ponder:

Also the ground on the plug in is missing. But I havent used this very much, I am going to replace the plug in soon. Do you think that would affect the video screen at all?

:jango:

Does you Return of the Jedi Work?

I just saw a converted ROTJ on Ebay... it looks pretty cool. I have never played the game before. How is it? I want the new Star Wars Arcade game made by Sega... wish it would come out for PS2 or one of the new systems!

Here is the ROTJ Ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2135743431

here is the side art it you need it too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2136285649

Yes my ROTJ works great. It's all original with a great cabinet and side art. These have a very unique cabinet if you ever see one you won't forget it. My Xevious on the other hand just died on me. It's been going great for 2 years. Now it's coming up with garbage on the screen. It's been wheeled to the shop. I stuck my Asteroids in it's place in the gameroom. It was in the shop. Xevious probably needs some reseating.

Jim

Yes my ROTJ works great. It's all original with a great cabinet and side art. These have a very unique cabinet if you ever see one you won't forget it.  My Xevious on the other hand just died on me. It's been going great for 2 years. Now it's coming up with garbage on the screen. It's been wheeled to the shop. I stuck my Asteroids in it's place in the gameroom. It was in the shop. Xevious probably needs some reseating.

Jim

Did you have any problems with your screen act up like my pics? I have been looking at Ebay Auctions for this machine and most of them all have problems with the moniters :? I dont know if it is the board or just the moniter right now :sad:

My monitor has always been fine but I did have a problem with some arcing around the cup on the HV connection to the tube. Sprayed it with corona dope and it was fine. I also capped it when I got it. Your problem looks like a board or connection problem more than a monitor problem. Could also be a ground problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Well....... I have just decided to Sell my Atari Xevious Arcade.....

I have taken on another Arcade Project and decided I need a little money and space in my Apartment......

Asking $150.00 for this machine AS-IS..... It works just fine for a while but then after a while as you can see it gets a little snowy....

I have a friend here in Seattle who fixes Arcade Machines for a living and he said it may just be a ground problem.... I will replace the Plug in and see if that helps any...

I think by tommorow I will do this....

If any of you fellow AA members live in or not too far away from Seattle you can come over and pick it up or I can deliver it for a small fee...probably just gas $$$.

The Cabinet is Very Clean!!! I scrubbed the control panel very nice and it is very clean. It has been vacumed out and wiped down...everything from the Moniter, Marquee, inside the control panel, and inside the cabinet.

Almost forgot..... It is missing the back door!!! It never came with it when I picked it up.

If nobody wants it here I will either put it up on Ebay or just convert it to another Neo Geo.... that wouldnt be good so I am offering it here to anyone who wants it.

If I have to pack it all up and ship it out I will ask $200.00 Total.... just because it is such a big hassle lugging this thing down my stairs and to pack it up.

Email me @ r0bert1@yahoo.com

or Post here :D

I have never shipped an Arcade Machine before so I have no clue what companies handle this kind of delivery.