IGNORED

Colecovision HSC week #14/15 - Donkey Kong & Donkey Kong Jr.

NOTE: THIS WEEKS GAME HAS ENDED!

DONKEY KONG & DONKEY KONG JR.

post-14567-1201677432.jpgpost-14567-1201677441.jpg

Game Info

Donkey Kong:

Donkey Kong is a platform-action game that has Mario scale four different industrial themed levels (construction zone, cement factory, an elevator-themed level, and removing rivets from girders) in an attempt to save the damsel in distress, Pauline, from the big ape before the timer runs out. Once the rivets are removed from the final level, Donkey Kong falls, and the two lovers are reunited. From there, the levels start over at a higher difficulty.

Donkey Kong Jr:

In this game, Mario plays the antagonist, finally having captured Donkey Kong, and has put the ape in a locked cage. As Donkey Kong Jr., players will have to make their way through four different levels (Vines, Springboard, Chains and Mario's Hideout) in an attempt to find keys to free the little monkey's Father.

Along the way, Mario will send out Snapjaws, swooping purple birds, and electric sparks in an attempt to stop Junior. Junior can defend himself by dropping fruit found around the levels on the heads of his foes. The more foes a piece of fruit hits in a falling sequence, the higher bonus points can be scored.

-these games were suggested by: theking21083

-Skill level: 1

Challenge

-None

HSC Info

-Post your scores in this thread and every couple of days I will update the leaderboard.

-The cutoff for posting scores will be Wednesday FEB 13th at 1:00 A.M. Eastern.

-Use the same skill level as posted so that all the scores will be acurate.

-Please read the Rules and Regulations thread for a thoural description of the HSC rules.

-If you would like to make a challenge for this game try to let me know before you post your first score.

Current High Scores

Donkey Kong

1st - duncantoml (5,001,500)

1st - theking21083 (3,567,500)

1st - ColecoNation (1,251,400)

1st - Ikrananka (168,800)

1st - RJ (109,200)

2nd - joeybastard (92,100)

3rd - Mister VCS (83,500)

4th - jboypacman (22,500)

Donkey Kong Jr.

1st - duncantoml (317,200)

2nd - Recycled (236,000)

3rd - joeybastard (119,100)

4th - ColecoNation (118,200)

5th - Ikrananka (86,300)

6th - Mister VCS (70,600)

7th - theking21083 (65,100)

8th - jboypacman (54,800)

9th - ladybugz (15,600)

Leaderboard

1st -duncantoml +148 points

2nd -joeybastard +116 points

3rd -theking21083 +88 points

4th -chuckwalla +86 points

5th -Ikrananka +81 points

6th -Mister VCS +48 points

7th -RJ +42

8th -Recycled +32 points

9th -Blackjack +26 points

10th-PressureCooker2600 +22 points

10th-1982VideoGames +22 points

11th-Prodos8 +11

11th-jboypacman +11 points

12th-Albert +9 points

12th-jetset +9 points

13th-purenergy +6 points

13th-ladybugz +6

14th-edweird13 +1 point

14th-ScottHuggins +1 point

14th-Artlover +1 point

14th-Murph74 +1 point

Edited by theking21083

Why both games at once?

The reason that I chose to do 2 games for 2 weeks is because my wife just got foot surgery and I am busy taking care of her and the kids. Now I can just update the HSC for 2 weeks instead of worrying about getting next weeks game up. Donkey Kong is my second favorite game on the Colecovision so I will try to give duncantoml some good competition.

Why both games at once?

The reason that I chose to do 2 games for 2 weeks is because my wife just got foot surgery and I am busy taking care of her and the kids. Now I can just update the HSC for 2 weeks instead of worrying about getting next weeks game up. Donkey Kong is my second favorite game on the Colecovision so I will try to give duncantoml some good competition.

I wish we could of played on skill level 4 for DK and 2 for DK Jr. Being that skill level one for DK will make for some long games.

...but your the boss.

I'll try to post some scores this week for these games.

Why both games at once?

I wish we could of played on skill level 4 for DK and 2 for DK Jr. Being that skill level one for DK will make for some long games.

...but your the boss.

I'll try to post some scores this week for these games.

I agree that it will make for some long games. The only reason that I made it skill level 1 is because the last game that I made skill level 4 everybody said it was too hard and made it not fun. I would rather people have fun playing an east game then not play at all because of the difficulty. If anybody else would like for me to change to a harder setting then please let me know and it will be done.

For DK and DK Jr. does everybody want the people that roll the score at 100,000 to tie for first or do you want it to go from first on down for the score that you get. These games are easy to roll the score on so I would like to make this as fun as possible for the people that are playing.

My suggestion for next week is RIVER RAID! I think it is time for the first Activision-game at the

Colecovision HSC. This game is great for a highscore-competition (no, I am NOT a "River Raid -expert,

my scores are pretty low). We could add a "Patch challenge" with BONUS POINTS like the Atari 2600 HSC

(Activison River Raiders). I think this game is not "overplayed" on the CV!

my results from the saturday-morning session:

Donkey Kong 58,900

Donkey Kong Junior 70,600 (level 12)

some Highscores from Twin Galaxies:

(idea stolen from the Atari 2600 HSC ;) )

Donkey Kong (NTSC/PAL) 5,630,200 -Tom Duncan

Donkey Kong Junior 514,300 -Lave Travis

-both games skill 1

Edited by Mister VCS