IGNORED

JAGUAR-HSC February-A Zoop - Pocket_334,500

doctorclu

This contest ended March 1, 2008. While the top points are taken, this is now open to general play and maybe one day someone will beat the 334,500 score that was made during the contest! :D

Zoop!

-Play the LEVELS version starting with stage 1

-Standard difficulty

-All controllers accepted.

-Emulation accepted.

Those are the basics, more fancy postings here later. Have fun for now!

Pocket - 334,500

AtarDi - 184,300

Isgoed - 175,900

RJ - 108,600

Jeremiahjt - 94,200

KevInCal - 69,500

Doctor Clu - 35,800

Edited by kevincal

Why two games?

Two different types of games, and one is more common than the other, so there is a better chance players will have one or the other or both.

Wouldn't it be a better idea to focus each time on one game ?

Agreed. Besides, with the small library of the Jaguar, especially games with SCORE, we will run out of games to play in a month.

I also have to agree to have one only game a month for high score.

with the exception of games that have been updated (ie protector and protector SE which basicly play the same just SE is more updated)

which also brings me to ask why have the tempest king of the mountian contest as well same time as the regular it would be better for an end of the year

contest since it's special contest.

btw: KOTM is a special type of match that TNA wrestling has.

We change games once every two weeks, so we will go for almost a year before exhausting the Jaguar library.

The goal here is give people a way to be involved with Jaguar gaming and to work with those that may not have an extensive library. Also since there are no cheap ways for image loading. Emulation is possible, but sluggish, so I made the following considerations.

1) Give a game that we can compete with all year long that everyone loves and a game that can be played repeated, thus, the Tempest contest.

2) Give people a game (or two) during a two week time that is the voted choice of the players for that contest. Players can win up to eight points during the contest run.

3) Should a player not have the game in number 2, they can still be involved by playing along a game of a SIMILAR type, but will only be able to gain one point. But at least they will still be able to stay involved.

4) Games of previous contests that you might have missed can be tried outside of the contest and scores submitted for one point.

Trying two games this time around is kinda an experiment. If it goes well, we'll stick with it, if not, we'll go one at a time from now on.

So for now, enjoy! :D

We change games once every two weeks, so we will go for almost a year before exhausting the Jaguar library.

The goal here is give people a way to be involved with Jaguar gaming and to work with those that may not have an extensive library. Also since there are no cheap ways for image loading. Emulation is possible, but sluggish, so I made the following considerations.

1) Give a game that we can compete with all year long that everyone loves and a game that can be played repeated, thus, the Tempest contest.

2) Give people a game (or two) during a two week time that is the voted choice of the players for that contest. Players can win up to eight points during the contest run.

3) Should a player not have the game in number 2, they can still be involved by playing along a game of a SIMILAR type, but will only be able to gain one point. But at least they will still be able to stay involved.

4) Games of previous contests that you might have missed can be tried outside of the contest and scores submitted for one point.

Trying two games this time around is kinda an experiment. If it goes well, we'll stick with it, if not, we'll go one at a time from now on.

So for now, enjoy! :D

I guess thhat makes sense to me I'll try to play protector SE as well as well as Tempest 2000 this week

(tempest for sure will be played on sunday)

If Zoop has an end, you wont see it before your game ends.

So, I only have Zoop, not Protector (or SE). Do I still just play Zoop? Can I play Defender 2000 (or classic Defender on that cart)?

In "continual" Zoop, the screen doesnt clear the shapes as you go to the next level. "Level" clears off all the remaining shapes when you achieve the level goal.

Edited by RJ

I think we'll play the LEVELS version of Zoop, starting with stage 1.

My opening Zoop score is 35,800.

To answer your question, if you don't have Protector SE, you can play Defender 2000 and submit your score, giving you one point total possible for participation.

post-4709-1202007154_thumb.jpg

Edited by doctorclu

• 2 weeks later...