IGNORED

Are there any systems for which you own a complete collection of titles?

Rhindle The Red

Are there any systems for which you own a complete collection of titles?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Are there any systems for which you own a complete collection of titles?

• Yes, within one territory
    • Yes, worldwide
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

• 3 years later...

No, I mostly collect only what I like to play. So I generally avoid buying the rare, boring games (that also tend to be expensive). I also generally avoid most chess/checkers type games and most sports games for the classic systems.

Vectrex is the only system that is simultaneously cool enough (to me) AND small enough of a library for me to contemplate completing.

I started out with just seeking the games I really wanted (with or without packaging), but after buying various lots to that end, I got close enough that I decided to go for it all. (Not there yet)

At this point the only non-3D (U.S.) GCE game that I completely lack is Space Wars. I don't have the 3D imager or any 3D games. Have cart/overlay/manual for everything else. There are 7 game BOXES that I don't have and I don't have any boxes or packaging for any hardware. Some of the games I only have really crappy boxes for. 3D stuff is beyond my budget for now and I would definitely settle for repro-hardware/games if it ever happens (again).

Wouldn't dream of collecting every significant homebrew game/hardware/accessory, since a lot of it is OOP and impossible to score. Just buy what I want that is still attainable as far as homebrew goes. ... For non-U.S. stuff, (currently have none), I'd just like to land a MB console/controller and the "Web Warp" version of Web Wars.

Edited by gliptitude

• 3 months later...

I've long been tempted to go for a complete 32X collection. I actually LIKE the unit and think some of the games are pretty rad and while a couple of the games are super rare, the issue is more finding them than paying for them.

If I had a better job and a bigger house, I'd go for an NES collection. I really would. But I think for the most part my ever having a complete collection is going to be like my desire to pursue a full NES set...a pipe dream.

At last count I'm about 25 titles away from a complete Intellivision collection (though I'm still missing Super Video Arcade, INTV System III, and Super Pro System consoles), ~15 away from completing Atari 5200, and probably fewer than a handful of titles away from a complete Odyssey 2 collection (offhand I'm missing Power Lords -of course- and, weirdly, Dynasty!). I'm also missing only three Studio II cartridges (four if you count Bingo, which I don't).

So...no.

(Full disclosure: I don't differentiate boxed/loose, I include U.S. releases only, and I don't count homebrews/protos/conversions.)

Depends on how you slice it. If you don't count protos, demos, diagnostics, variants, or aftermarket releases, I believe I have full US sets (loose) for: 7800, Channel F, Microvision, N64, Odyssey2, 32X, Dreamcast, Gamegear, Pico, Master System, and game.com.

And 90%+ of US games for 2600,5200,Jaguar,Lynx,Colecovision,Arcadia,Vectrex,Intellivision,NES,SNES,Virtual Boy,Studio II,Sega CD, Genesis, Saturn, and TG16.

If you only count catridges, I'm also at 90%+ for the C64, VIC20, +/4, CoCo, Aquarius, Tomy Tutor, and TI99 computers.

Does Microvision count? I just completed the following:

Full, Loose U.S. Microvision Set - (Working console + 11 U.S games)

Full Boxed Microvision Set - (New in box working console + 11 in Box U.S. games + New in Box French version of Super Blockbuster)

Edited by mckafka99

Not even close. On a meta level I have one each of every series of Atari that was released for PAL (2600/7800/800/800XL/ST/TT/Jaguar/Lynx) but you could call that cheating as I don't have a Falcon/ATW/PC/Portfolio.

Game-wise I only buy what I might like to play if it's affordable. So I'll probably never have Skyhammer, Protector SE and Battlesphere....

I seem to lack the hunting instinct required to go after complete collections. Anyone who does impresses me and I'd love to admire your hoards given the opportunity ;-)

• 1 month later...