IGNORED

Odyssey 2 High Score Thread (Updated - 02/11/09)

theking21083

Finally got my working O2 last night - the good news is that this one is a newer model w/ the removable controllers, etc. I also got a pile of boxed games (everything I used to have was loose).

I really need practice. My KC's Crazy Chase (game 0) high is a mere 153. Great game, though.

K.C. Munchkin (game 0) 229 - pretty addicting. Having only one life really makes it easy to say "just one more game."

K.C. Munchkin (game 3) 530 - very cool variation!

This is pretty fun. I've had my O2 for about 15 years now, but I hardly ever played it due to the wonky controller. I'd pull it out every few years and try a couple things, but never really got into it. Nice to be able to really appreciate the system. Very colorful, no flicker, and some creative stuff.

Edited by BydoEmpire

Thanks and congrats on the UFO score...you've dethroned me there.

I don't think I made to the 5th or 6th floor on level(building) 2.....I believe it was 3 or 4.

I've mostly been playing Quadrant Munchkin....STILL can't get decent score there, and Krazy Chase....which is one of the most frustrating and addictive games I've ever played.

Man! 3rd o 4th floor second time around is still quite impressive. I'll have to go at Turtles! again in the near future, if for no other reason than sheer insane fun.

Mostly trying to get a better score on U.F.O. I'd like to get over a thousand, but my scores are mostly in the 300-400 range.

If you'd like, I could give you some advice on Quadrant Munchkin.

Thanks and congrats on the UFO score...you've dethroned me there.

I don't think I made to the 5th or 6th floor on level(building) 2.....I believe it was 3 or 4.

I've mostly been playing Quadrant Munchkin....STILL can't get decent score there, and Krazy Chase....which is one of the most frustrating and addictive games I've ever played.

Man! 3rd o 4th floor second time around is still quite impressive. I'll have to go at Turtles! again in the near future, if for no other reason than sheer insane fun.

Mostly trying to get a better score on U.F.O. I'd like to get over a thousand, but my scores are mostly in the 300-400 range.

If you'd like, I could give you some advice on Quadrant Munchkin.

I just got a great score on q*bert the other day. I have it written down at home...I've been meaning to post it here.

Turtles is just a great game to play. My goal when I play is to get to all the maze layouts. I'm rarely concerned about beating my high score. (that is, unless you beat it!! :evil: ) It's fast becoming one of my all time fav games. I'll be playing it tonight.

1000 on UFO would be incredible....I can't see staying alive that long.

Yes, I'll take some advice on Quadrant Munchkin. I just can't seem to get above the 400-600 range.

4597 on K.C.Munchkin! Game 3

A few tips for game 3:

Every round, first thing go for that munchie trapped in that dead end in the NW quadrant. Next. get the power-up munchie and head for the tunnel. Grab the other nonpowered munchie if you can do it without breaking stride, otherwise go through the tunnel to the SE quadrant and grab your next munchie, with any luck munching a Muncher or two (or three) along the way. At this point you should have all three Munchers munched.

Head through the recharger to the SW quadrant. If one of the Munchers has entered the recharger from the NW quadrant, stick around till he reemerges in the SW one, then munch him. If no Muncher has entered fron the NW then grgab both nonpowered munchies. If, while you're doing that, a munchie enters the recharger from the SE either rush into the recharger and get over to the NE quadrant or wait until the second rotation and try and grab the powered munchie just before you enter the recharger. This is a risky move but if you time it right, you'll kill the Muncher and still have a powered munchie to get the others when they come through the recharger.

At this point (having entered the recharger from the SW quadrant), if there are no muchies in the recharger, stop and grab the last munchie in the NW quadrant, if you didn't get him the first time. therwise wait til you've got everything else before entering the recharger to get it.

NEVER GIVE UP. Even if the situation seems hopeless, you'll be surprised how often a bit of reunning around can fix it. Watch the munchies. Their patterns are predictable, and this is especially important in the NE quadrant when the munchies really pick up speed as the others get eaten.

And don't forget, you can hide in the 'cup' in the NE quadrant and most of the time the Munchers will pass you by.

• 2 weeks later...
And don't forget, you can hide in the 'cup' in the NE quadrant and most of the time the Munchers will pass you by.

Uh yea...I found out "most" is the key word here. :P

I got

21110 on Turtles a few weeks ago...kept forgetting to post it.

Still behind the new front runner though....I think I may make an effort to get first place again!!!

It's been a little while so I figured I put a few more up here.

Pick Axe Pete (Game 0) 363

post-10357-1210358515_thumb.jpg

K.C.'s Krazy Chase (Game 0) 397

post-10357-1210360360_thumb.jpg

Computer Golf 46

post-10357-1210365852_thumb.jpg

K.C. Munchkin (Game 3) 190

post-10357-1210367020_thumb.jpg

Amok! 1240 Level 10

post-10357-1210369143_thumb.jpg

Frogger 23,290

post-10357-1210372139_thumb.jpg

Freedom Fighters 204

post-10357-1210372345_thumb.jpg

Cosmic Conflict anyone?

I got 815.

Due to the countdown nature of the score (start at 1000, lose one point per second and 10 points per shot) this may be near the max limit for this game. There's 15 enemy ships, no misses, 1000-(15x10)=850. Got them all in 35 seconds: 815 points left. It may be possible to shave another second or two...