IGNORED

Odyssey 2 High Score Thread (Updated - 02/11/09)

theking21083

Attack of the Time Lord: 839. We don't leech here, right?

What exactly is leeching when pertaining to video games?

I thought it was killing a million of the same enemy that offers no challenge. Like killing infinitely spawning enemies as they come onto the screen in an area where nothing comes out behind you. I thought you could do it in Attack of the Time Lord (killing all saucers but one in the first/ second level and then shooting down an unending stream of easy projectiles). I tried it after I wrote that post. Turns out I was wrong. It's too easy to screw up, and you're better off playing through.

I got a new score by the way.

EDIT: There should be a pick of my 998 score here, but Atariage isn't accepting my pictures anymore.

Edited by Atarifever

Thanks for the info. That would be tantamount to playing Asteroids and leaving one rock left on the first board and then just keep blasting the saucers. I've never been a fan of doing stuff like that. For one thing it's boring and another it's not a true representation of one's playing skills of the game.

On a side note why has AA stopped allowing you to upload pictures? I thought the upload amount was unlimited.

• 4 weeks later...
Unfortunately I am using an emulator... and it took me forever to figure out how it works. However, I actually got Attack of the Timelord to play.

Here's my score: 463

post-9830-1213884903_thumb.png

Pitiful!!

;)

You are gonna make me cry! :( wah wah wah

Unfortunately I am using an emulator... and it took me forever to figure out how it works. However, I actually got Attack of the Timelord to play.

Pitiful!!

;)

Sorry. I'm joking. I hope I made you laugh through your tears as well!!

Pitiful!!

;)

I'm really not THAT sensitive. Here is my try at UFO: 109

post-9830-1213898136_thumb.png

Edited by JellE

Oh... one more thing... when it says Game 0 or Game 1 or whatever....does that mean level?

It's in reference to the number you enter when you're first prompted upon power up of the console. They are different difficulties and/or versions depending on the game.

Killer Bees!

post-10357-1213898763_thumb.jpg

Edited by darthkur

Pitiful!!

;)

I really not THAT sensitive. Here is my try at UFO: 109

post-9830-1213898136_thumb.png

Now that's REALLY bad. You can let the game sit and get a higher score!!

:P

xoxoxo

Oh... one more thing... when it says Game 0 or Game 1 or whatever....does that mean level?

It's in reference to the number you enter when you're first prompted upon power up of the console. They are different difficulties and/or versions depending on the game.

Killer Bees!

"I'll try and smash this score by monday." he said boastfully with a macho posture.

Killer Bees!

"I'll try and smash this score by monday." he said boastfully with a macho posture.

I look forward to the challenge. :grin:

They might be obvious tricks for increasing your score in Killer Bees!, but I thought I'd list a few:

1) On the first few levels, maximize your score. Kill only one Beebot at a time, then use the Rosha ray to zap a (or two oe three preferably) swarm.

2) One set of Beebots goes clockwise, the other counterclockwise. Your first move should be to eliminate whichever color has the fewest Beebots. This will mean the remaining Beebots will all be going in the same direction.

3) Anticipate where the Beebots will be, don't chase them.

4) I find it useful to eliminate the Beebots close to the edges. It gives me room to choose where I attack them while avoiding the swarms.

I hope this is useful. I'll have to play a game or two so I can add a high score to this thread. Strangely, I haven't played Killer Bees! in quite a while.

Edited by kirin jensen

They might be obvious tricks for increasing your score in Killer Bees!, but I thought I'd list a few:

1) On the first few levels, maximize your score. Kill only one Beebot at a time, then use the Rosha ray to zap a (or two oe three preferably) swarm.

The swarms are only worth 10 points though...so I generally don't mess with it. Blue and red are the same points as yellow...so there isn't any incentive. I only use the ray for survival. Granted it's not needed in the early levels.

Those red bees are mean.

Edited by Recycled

The swarms are only worth 10 points though...so I generally don't mess with it. Blue and red are the same points as yellow...so there isn't any incentive. I only use the ray for survival. Granted it's not needed in the early levels.

Those red bees are mean.

The thing is, there are five Beebots per level. That's 50 points right there. Get two or three swarms at one time and you could bee talking 100-150 points. Admittedly you're more likely to bee in the 60-100 range, but that's quite a difference. The difference gets bigger, too, as the multiplier increases.

And, yes, those red bees are mean.

Killer Bees!: 34,575

'=' code: X7O

Edited by kirin jensen

There's certain times when the bee's are much more aggressive and then others where they seem to huddle amongst themselves in the corners. There's no question though when it comes to those red ones. They're on you like your shadow. :skull:

post-10357-1214262621_thumb.jpg