IGNORED

Atari 5200 HSC Round 23 *Atari 5200 vs Atari 7800*

Atari5200

wait a sec....that thing that comes up out of the lava is a Troll???? I thought it was a hand!!!

Well with the graphics of the 5200, I guess one could make that mistake. Troll, hand, sports car, it's all just one big blob on that system :P

Seriously though, I think it's supposed to be his hand.

Also, I will have to stop making 5200 jokes soon, as I'm in the process of buying one, and buying a Best Electronics controller for it, and ordering some games.

HEY, just came to a realization.

What game is common ALL (even the Jaguar) game systems?

ASTERIODS!

Think about it. There is a 2600, 5200, 7800, Lynx, 8-bit, Jaguar (amateur hack but still) and ST version (multiple)

If you wanted a game that could get EVERYONE on board, I would suggest that game.

it needs to be a physical cart, some people won't use emulation, like myself.

If I helped you build a Asteriods eprom cart for the 5200 would that help?

I would just like a game that the Jaguar can get involved in with the HSC I run.

As it is for Ms. Pacman the closest thing we have is the 3-D version of Pac-Man... Jagmania (Pacmania)

If you don't mind the Jaguar players playing Jagmania I've love to include the Jaguar in this contest.

Edited by doctorclu

I wouldn't mind the Jag players playing a variant, the more the merrier and it's all in fun anyway.

The issue I had was when we played a homebrew in the HSC, there were only 4 participants. I would think the participation would be low again playing a game that technically doesn't exist. I do not use emulation and I only participate when I can in the games that I own myself. Luckily enough I have a decent amount of games, but as far as 5200 participants would go, I would imagine it would be a low turn out for Asteroids or Meteorites, whereas Ms. Pac-man is extremely common and could be bought for a few $$ if someone didn't already have it.

I have basically no knowledge of what is going on with the Jag, so would the variant of pac-man be cart/cd based or is it strictly emu or "bjl?" is that what it was called?

Edited by Atari5200

I wouldn't mind the Jag players playing a variant, the more the merrier and it's all in fun anyway.

The issue I had was when we played a homebrew in the HSC, there were only 4 participants. I would think the participation would be low again playing a game that technically doesn't exist. I do not use emulation and I only participate when I can in the games that I own myself. Luckily enough I have a decent amount of games, but as far as 5200 participants would go, I would imagine it would be a low turn out for Asteroids or Meteorites, whereas Ms. Pac-man is extremely common and could be bought for a few $ if someone didn't already have it.

I have basically no knowledge of what is going on with the Jag, so would the variant of pac-man be cart/cd based or is it strictly emu or "bjl?" is that what it was called?

I bought 5200 Ms.Pac Man for this competition BTW, and I have 7800 Ms Pac-Man as well. :) Probably dig up a version for the 8-bit and ST computers, just need to check E-bay... sweet momma they are proud of Ms. Pac-Man on the Lynx! (Time to make that Lynx E-prom cart.)

As for the Jaguar, everything is souped up and better, so of course it is 3D, but still Pac Man. Playing can be done on the BJL (Behind Jaggi Lines) setup, which requires loading with a BJL modified Jaguar (chip), the BJL code in Protector SE, or can even be loaded in the JUGS setup with Battlesphere. And there are other ways too (Alpine, JagOS, etc). Bottom line, I would be happy to see THREE people play along, but it is just our way of showing support for this contest and bringing the Jaguar onboard with the rest of the community.

This will give you an idea of what this game is like....

This shows some pics of it...

http://www.mdgames.de/jagmania.htm

And downloadable here...

http://www.mdgames.de/jag_eng.htm

:D

so are we doing ms pac-mas next?

Ms Pac Man starts April 1st, so let's pick another game till then.

why not pac-man as a warmup. we do need to pic another game so maybe we can get some people playing. now that I have got controllers I like I'm gonna be playing regularly.