IGNORED

Do you own any complete game series?

Rhindle The Red

Do you own any complete game series?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own any complete game series?

• Yes, more than one.
    • Yes, but only one series.
    • No, but I'm close.
    • No, not at all.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Okay, so we looked at systems, what about series?

Are there any that you have completed?

For this one, I'm going to leave the definition of "completed" up to you. Some may feel that all titles for all systems are required to be "complete". Others will feel that as long as you have every title for at least one system, your set. Some will discount portable titles. And people will differ on the need for import titles to be included.

So, the rule here is: if you consider the series completed, that's good enough for me.

One point of order: the "series" needs to be of sufficient length. One or two does not a collectable series make. Three titles at a minimum, please.

Me?

I've got a few complete series:

• Doom (all titles, most versions)
    Legend of Zelda (all domestic, several imports, no "Tingles" so far)
    Pitfall (all titles, several versions)
    Resident Evil (all regular series titles, including several ports)
    Tomb Raider (all titles, most versions)
    Tron games
    Ultima (all titles, a few UO expansions)
    Mario RPGs

And a few I'm real close on:

• Mario platformers (need New Super Mario Bros.)
    Donkey Kong games (need Donkey Kong Barrel Blast)
    Metroid (need MP3)
    Pokemon RPGs (need 'Emerald" and "Diamond")
    Star Wars console games (need Lego "Complete" and the Japanese Star Wars)

This is a cool poll.

Ok, I mainly have Atari stuff. So in the Atari vein of things I have for all Atari systems (if they exist)

Joust

Star Raiders

And then for the Atari 8-bit computers I have most of the Electronic Arts sleeves and a good lot of Infocom.

Across platforms I have a good lot of the Tron games between the Atari and Intellivision and Macintosh.

And for Bubsy Bobcat, I have all Jaguar, SNES, Genesis, and Gameboy carts along with the disc for the Playstation.

I don't collect the IBM clone titles much. (incorrectly called "PC" format)

Edited by doctorclu

heh i would have to look at all my games to figure it out

but the only one i can think of is the NHL Hockey series on the Genesis even the NHL 94 on the Sega CD

i also have every Hockey game released on the Genesis except for one (i think, i havent checked in along time)

As I mentioned once before, collecting games is a side effect of my desire to play them, so none of my game series are complete, but some are very close:

* Klonoa (Only missing one import title, have all domestic games and two imports)

* Quake (WAS complete until Quake 4 came out...)

* Descent (Missing Descent Freespace 2)

* Metroid (Missing Prime 3 and both DS titles)

* Phantasy Star (I have 1 through 4, but none of the 3D ones)

* Wonder Boy (I have one version of each game, but many of the games came out on multiple systems)

I'm only one game from a complete Ridge Racer collection (and that's only because I don't have an Xbox 360).

I do have a fair few copies of Ridge Racer 4, had a bit of a fixation about that :)

Still don't have the US jogcon box though.

I have the American version of SaGa 1 to 3 for the Game Boy, plus FF Adventure. So I've got four different Game Boy games that say "Final Fantasy" on them. I refer to the Legend games as SaGa, because that's what they are!

I think I may have every version of wipEout from the original to the wipEout pulsE demo. I don't have all the ports, though.

I also have all of the Command & Conquer games up to Renegade and Yuri's Revenge. I've got all of them for the PC, and I've got boxes and assorted media for the various ports of C&C and Red Alert 1. The only version I have that's completely loose is the N64 version.

I have non GH version of every numbered Gran Turismo release 1 to 4.

I'm close on the Poker Face Paul's Game Gear series--I need Gin to complete it.

I have at least one copy of every NTSC game that can use Nintendo's Transfer Pak. That includes both N64 and Color Gameboy releases. I have four Transfer Paks, and the scary thing is that they've been well used! With the exception of Mario Tennis, I have enough carts to play link battles on any of the color Game Boy versions of these titles.

I have the first ten Starpath releases, and homemade copies of 11 and 12.

I have all three of Epyx's 2600 releases.

• 1 year later...

I have found myself trying to collect for something that is pricey to obtain:

I am working on the Metal Slug series:

I have 3, 4&5 on the xbox

I have 3, 4&5 on the ps2

I have Metal Slug antholgy for the ps2

I have Metal Slug 7 on the ds

I have Metal Slug 1,2,3 and X for the Neo Geo MVS

I have Metal Slug 1 for the Neo Geo AES

I have Metal Slug 1 and 2 for the Neo Geo CD

I have Metal Slug X on the ps1

I have Metal Slug 1st and 2nd mission for the Neo Geo Pocket

I have a copy of Metal Slug 1 for the Ps1 with a printed case...

I have Metal Slug Advance for the GBA

Someday I will have more, but slowly

I would enjoy a side scrolling shooter maybe Metal Slug on the Atari 2600 or the 7800 actually..if I start programming on the Atari this is my mission....

Edited by Christopher T Leach

This could be defined in several ways:

For example, sixteen games were sold in the USA that work with the N64 transfer pak. I have all sixteen of those, including ten Game Boy and Game Boy Color carts, and six N64 carts. This also includes all the Pokemon Game Boy releases from Red/Blue all the way up to Crystal.

There are a number of series I own up to a point where I was no longer interested in the new releases.

- I own at least one of every wipEout up to and including purE. I have wipEout 64 and Saturn wipEout in that mix.

- I own the major Gran Turismo releases up to GT4. That doesn't include Prologues and whatnot.

- I have all the Command & Conquer games, and their expansion packs, up to Yuri's Revenge. This includes Sole Survivor, the Counnterstrike expansion pack, Retaliation, the N64, PS1, and Saturn versions of the first C&C, and the PS1 version of Red Alert 1. I lack only the DOS release of the first C&C, but I have C&C Gold for Windows 95.

- I have the Raiden Project and Raiden III, which covers Raiden 1, 2, and 3.

- I own all three Gex games, but only one copy of each.

- I have all three Colony Wars games.

- I have completed my collection of Poker Face Paul's games.

Oops, I didn't see this was a necrothread. Ah well. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I think I have all the Pitfall games. Pitfall, Pitfall II, Super Pitfall, and Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure. Am I missing any?

I have all of the Rock Band game discs available, including the official series (Rock Band, Rock Band 2, soon to be Rock Band 3) as well as all the spin-off games (The Beatles: Rock Band, Green Day: Rock Band and Lego Rock Band). I have several of the disc-based track packs as well, though not all of them.

I have all three Sly Cooper games.

I have the discs for 3 through 6 of the "Tekken" series. The Tekken 5 disc also includes the first three games. I don't have Tekken Tag, but then that one isn't really canon.

I have 1, 2 and 3 of the "Descent" series, plus the add-ons for the first two games and the PlayStation variant of D2 called Descent Maximum. I don't count the "Descent FreeSpace" games since only the name ties them to the original series.

Too many two-game series to mention.

None of these count games for portable systems.

Edited by FujiSkunk

• 2 weeks later...