IGNORED

Colecovision HSC week #16 - Root Beer Tapper

NOTE: THIS WEEKS GAME HAS ENDED!

Root Beer Tapper

post-14567-1202883684.jpg

Game Info

You're a root beer tapper and have to serve root beer to demanding customers. There are four customers, each has its own lane lengthier than the previous one, whom you have to keep at bay. If they reach the end of the lane, you're a goner; if you miss one and accidentally spill root beer needlessly you lose a life and should one of them throw you back the mug and you fail to catch it, you lose a life as well.

-This game was suggested by: Ikrananka

-Skill level: 1

Challenge

-None

HSC Info

-Post your scores in this thread and every couple of days I will update the leaderboard.

-The cutoff for posting scores will be the following Wednesday at 1:00 A.M. Eastern.

-Use the same skill level as posted so that all the scores will be acurate.

-Please read the Rules and Regulations thread for a thoural description of the HSC rules.

-If you would like to make a challenge for this game try to let me know before you post your first score.

Current High Scores

1st - doubledown (700,650)

2nd - duncantoml (520,000)

3rd - Ikrananka (296,350)

4th - theking21083 (246,345)

5th - joeybastard (157,100)

6th - ColecoNation (110,925)

Leaderboard

1st -duncantoml +170 points

2nd -joeybastard +135 points

3rd -theking21083 +104 points

4th -Ikrananka +99 points

5th -chuckwalla +86 points

6th -Mister VCS +63 points

7th -RJ +53

8th -Recycled +42 points

9th -Blackjack +26 points

10th-jboypacman +23 points

11th-PressureCooker2600 +22 points

11th-1982VideoGames +22 points

12th-ColecoNation +19

13th-Prodos8 +11

14th-Albert +9 points

14th-jetset +9 points

14th-ladybugz +9

15th-purenergy +6 points

16th-edweird13 +1 point

16th-ScottHuggins +1 point

16th-Artlover +1 point

16th-Murph74 +1 point

Edited by theking21083

What level would that be?

Still level 53, but I had all my lives when I got there, but still can't pass it. I was able to live a lot longer with each guy which accounts for the higher score than my previous attempt. I was also grabbing the tip money when it came up on the earlier levels which I usually don't do.

Tip money? How come I didn't see any of that when I was playing? All I got from customers was empty glasses (lousy bums).

I thought it would be better to clear the levels as quickly as possible, but I'm thinking now that that isn't the best strategy for this game...

+ Nathan

Tip money? How come I didn't see any of that when I was playing? All I got from customers was empty glasses (lousy bums).

I thought it would be better to clear the levels as quickly as possible, but I'm thinking now that that isn't the best strategy for this game...

+ Nathan

Every so many empty glasses, a customer will lay down money. IT really just looks like a green spot on the bar. Then just run down the bar and get it. Then part or all the customers will turn and watch the show at the top of the screen. You can't serve them if their backs face you, so you can use this time to collect all the empties and serve the customers that are NOT watching the show.

Every so many empty glasses, a customer will lay down money. IT really just looks like a green spot on the bar. Then just run down the bar and get it. Then part or all the customers will turn and watch the show at the top of the screen. You can't serve them if their backs face you, so you can use this time to collect all the empties and serve the customers that are NOT watching the show.

Wow, I had no idea all this was part of the game. If it's not apparent by now, I haven't play Tapper much before last week and I probably should have found and read the instructions before playing.

I remember seeing that green spot once and while, but I really just thought it was a graphic glitch! I also didn't realize you could run down the bar. I would just wait for the glasses to come to me. Man! I've got to go play this game again, it seems like I missed out on half of it...

+ Nathan