IGNORED

Anyone collect Atari magazines? Anyone trying to get them all?

Ross PK

I've decided to try and get a complete collection of every magazine that came out for the A8 in the UK, which are, Page 6, Atari User, then Page 6 and Atari User got together and made The New Atari User.

I've already got two binders full of Page 6 magazines which is nearly all of them I think, about 7 Atari Users and about 3 New Atari Users.

Edited by Ross PK

Try the excellent site:

http://www.page6.org/

You can also download (or order a CD) all the PD disks and some of the Cover Disks for issues issues that have been put on line, up to issue 31 so far.

My collection stands at:

• Page6/NAU: I think I have all the issues (with cover disks). I really need to see what is missing.
  • Some T.W.A.U.G. Newsletters/Magazines
  • Most of the original Atari User (Before the sale to Page 6)
  • A few I/Os Atari newsletter.
  • I have most A.N.A.L.O.G's
  • about 2 HiRes
  • A hand full of Antics (10 or 11, I think)

I also like to collect Compute! As it was the only serious cross platform magazine available (possibly ever). This was good for keeping a eye on the competition ;) .

But now as I collect a the competition, it has other uses.

Hope your collecting goes well

I've decided to try and get a complete collection of every magazine that came out for the A8 in the UK, which are, Page 6, Atari User, then Page 6 and Atari User got together and made The New Atari User.

I've already got two binders full of Page 6 magazines which is nearly all of them I think, about 7 Atari Users and about 3 New Atari Users.

Which issues of P6 are you missing? I may have them (later ones)

Edited by mimo

Which issues of P6 are you missing? I may have them (later ones)

Issues 31 to 35.

Edited by Ross PK

I'm getting there:

Atari User, one issue missing (Aug 88):

AtariXLmagazine.jpg

Antic, two issues missing (Sept 84, Oct 84):

antic.jpg

not all shown here in this picture

Page 6, numerous issues missing, especially 72 - 79, 85 - 90:

page6atariusermagazine.jpg

There also was a very good German magazine called Atari Magazine: no pic

Edited by thomasholzer

I have the Aug 88 one, unfortunatley there isn't a front or back cover though.

Thats cool, how much you want for it?

Just remembered, Monitor, another UK magazine, some on UK ebay right now.

And, of course, my (and Colin Hunt) own fanzine: 8/ 16. maybe it's time I upload that one:

fanzine816.sized.jpg

Edited by thomasholzer

Had a quick root around, I have got:

T.W.A.U.G: 1,4,5,6,8,9,10,11,12,16,17,19,20,21,25,26,27,29,32,33,34,35 (Discs too!)

Page 6/new Atari user: 23,36 to 38,44 to 68 large format, 69 to 85 small format and most cover discs

N.O.S.A.U.G (North of Scotland Atari User Group) Disc mag #17 and PD catalogue

EXCEL disc magazine 1 to 20 (missing #5)

Could be tempted to let these go if any one wants to add to their collections

I've some twaug issues

I've some TGR (Disk mag) issues

I've some DGS (disk mag) issues

I've all (orig. and copies) of Mega Mag

Quiet a few page 6 incl.the smaller version

Most of Database Atari user mags (i think i am only missing a couple)

And also some BaPAUG 816 newsletters

Lastly 4-5 issues of Monitor

Edited by carmel_andrews

Thats cool, how much you want for it?

Just remembered, Monitor, another UK magazine, some on UK ebay right now.

And, of course, my (and Colin Hunt) own fanzine: 8/ 16. maybe it's time I upload that one:

fanzine816.sized.jpg

I really don't know what to do as far as P+P is concerned, I don't know how it works. If I was to send it though it'd only be once I've replaced the magazine with one that has a front and back cover, and, as long as the P+P is really low, I'd let you have it for free.

Edited by Ross PK

T.W.A.U.G: 1,4,5,6,8,9,10,11,12,16,17,19,20,21,25,26,27,29,32,33,34,35 (Discs too!)

Page 6/new Atari user: 23,36 to 38,44 to 68 large format, 69 to 85 small format and most cover discs

I'll let you know when I'm ready to buy some more, as the P+P can really add up if you buy a lot at the same time or you are buying them often.

I'll let you know when I'm ready to buy some more, as the P+P can really add up if you buy a lot at the same time or you are buying them often.

I got them over a couple of Atari lots that I bought last year. I am not buying anymore. Mrs Mimo says we need to get some storage back for shoes and handbags :roll:

• Like 1

When you got it replaced, stick the old one with no cover in in an envelope, GBP 2.50 postage stamp, and I'll take it off your hands. Have you got PP? (Of course, I might find it on ebay before then)

(Actually too many people have 8/ 16, I cringe when I read those now, awful)

Pengwin, awesome A8 book collection you got

Edited by thomasholzer

Just name your price, stick in in an envelope, GBP 2.50 postage stamp, and I'll take it off your hands. Have you got PP?

Once I end up getting the same magazine again with the front and back pages I'll send it you. I don't have paypal.

Is £2.50 the p&p then? Would I have to pay anything else, like would I still have to buy a normal stamp too? I'd like to make sure of the p&p, so am I supposed to weigh it in a post office and then tell someone behind the desk how much it weighs? :? :?

Hmmm, what do you mean?

Edited by Ross PK

Just name your price, stick in in an envelope, GBP 2.50 postage stamp, and I'll take it off your hands. Have you got PP?

Once I end up getting the same magazine again with the front and back pages I'll send it you. I don't have paypal.

Is £2.50 the p&p then? Would I have to pay anything else, like would I still have to buy a normal stamp too? I'd like to make sure of the p&p, so am I supposed to weigh it in a post office and then tell someone behind the desk how much it weighs? :? :?

Hmmm, what do you mean?

Just read my reviews...bad writing, wrong English, no editing...but it was fun (when it was most popular we even managed to put it in the high street magazine shops. That was a great thrill).

As for the AU Aug 88, according to Royal Mail website, a 280 grams envelope from UK to Germany is 2 pounds. Buy a 2 pound stamp, A4 envelope, and here: Thomas Holzer, Hauptstr 75, 56332 Lehmen, Germany...easy. Look here for UK postal prices under ...Printed Papers, Europe: http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content...;mediaId=400347

But i gotta pay you somehow back for the troubles, I can send you a cheque from my Nationwide Bank. Let me know when you're ready (once you got a replacement), I let you know if I received one meanwhile.

Edited by thomasholzer