IGNORED

atari flashback 2 with cartridge slot

I bought an atari flashback 2 console on ebay, and I want to know if there is anyone on here good at modding, who will mod my flashback 2 console so that it has a cartridge slot. If anyone will, how much will you charge for it? I will pay for all shipping and handling.

I got mine modded like that by Ben Heckendorn for a very reasonable price and he did it very quickly. See the following post:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=112267

Give him a try.

I bought an atari flashback 2 console on ebay, and I want to know if there is anyone on here good at modding, who will mod my flashback 2 console so that it has a cartridge slot. If anyone will, how much will you charge for it? I will pay for all shipping and handling.

I got mine modded like that by Ben Heckendorn for a very reasonable price and he did it very quickly. See the following post:

Give him a try.

how did you get in to contact with him?

Give him a try.

how did you get in to contact with him?

Just visit his site and email him http://benheck.com/

may want to let that slide. It's been over a year since I sent him an mvs board for consolization. I've pretty much given up expecting it back, and from what I hear he's had other projects on hold for longer. That c64 laptop keeps getting mentioned every so often, and I know that's been a year+ too.

Edited by Reaperman

• 2 weeks later...

If you are somewhat competant with a soldering iron, you can probably do the hack yourself. There are several threads around here showing you detailed instructions on how to do it. I was going to attempt to do it myself, but I found out that the only thing wrong with my 2600 was a dead power supply. I found this out by doing the 9-volt battery hack I found on this website. I also did the "LED power light" hack....just because I could. ;)

But, as someone mentioned, you could probably find a real 2600 cheaply enough. Although, I'd recommend getting a 7800 and use your FB2 joysticks on it. There are some fantastic 7800 games out there(Donkey Kong Junior, and Food Fight are my personaly favorites, and I'm going to get a few Homebrews this year, too.) As a bonus, the 7800 also plays most 2600 carts with no problem at all. I have found a few that won't fit into the slot, but they are 3rd party carts.

• 3 weeks later...

If you haven't hacked your yet, maybe we can get a volumn discount. I have been thinking about the hack myself. Someone could do yours and mine quicker than if we both had them done separately.