IGNORED

Paypal account question

RangerG

I noticed today that I have a Paypal premier account, but that there is a regualr account where Paypal charges you nothing to receive money. However, it says that you can't accept credit card payments. Does everyone that uses Paypal on Ebay to buy or sell have a premier account? What exactly is the negative about not being able to accept credit card payments? Thanks for the insight. -- RG

The negative is that someone has to have money in his/her savings/checking account or paypal account to pay you if you don't accept credit card.

I have the premier account so I can accept credit card payments.

Sometimes it's just easier to be able to accept credit cards for some purchases.

I like it as it just gives people more options for paying. Some people just like to use thier credit card, I do :) . I pay my balance off every money so I never have finace charges, but charge as much of my purchases on and off line to the card to get frequent flyer miles.

When I started with paypal, I had the "free" account. The Credit Card receiving limits were not very restrictive, but then they added the fee structure and started to tighten the noose on the receiving limits. Instead of upgrading my free account, I set up a second account to use for the Premier. So, I usually ask customers how the funds will be sent, and if it will be a transfer, I use my address for the free account. Why pay Paypal a fee if you don't have to? :D

When I started with paypal, I had the "free" account.  The Credit Card receiving limits were not very restrictive, but then they added the fee structure and started to tighten the noose on the receiving limits.  Instead of upgrading my free account, I set up a second account to use for the Premier.  So, I usually ask customers how the funds will be sent, and if it will be a transfer, I use my address for the free account.  Why pay Paypal a fee if you don't have to?  :D

Be careful... By doing this you are breaking the user agreement that you electronically signed with them and they could put a hold on your accounts.

Be careful... By doing this you are breaking the user agreement that you electronically signed with them and they could put a hold on your accounts.

Actually, before I opened the second account, I spoke to them regarding this issue, and I was told (at that time at least) that it was OK to maintain a free account AND a business premier account at the same time. You can't use the same bank account numbers or credit card numbers on the different accounts, but from what I was told, owning 2 different type of accounts was acceptable. I would never knowingly try to break the rules! :twisted:

Actually, with some minor digging, I just found this on their terms page here:

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p...n/terms-outside

II. User Responsibilities

2. No Multiple Accounts. Should you register for more than one Personal Account, PayPal reserves the right to terminate all of your accounts and will restrict you from the system going forward. Users may register and hold one Personal Account and either one Premier or one Business Account.

So there you have it, straight from the horses mouth! :D

Wow...

I am surprised they allow that because recently, I had to delete an account while the "customer service" person was holding on the phone with me!. ....but it may be different for international customers...

And this was because of an error in the account set up that THEY could not correct... They told me to set up a new account because no-one there has access to change certain bits of information (thank god!) and it can only be done by the customer through the web...

Learn something every day... ;)