IGNORED

What kind of online games do you play?

Rhindle The Red

What kind of online games do you play?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of online games do you play? (Check all that apply.)

• Games that must be purchased and require a regular fee. (WOW, UO, etc.)
    • Games that must be purchased, but require no regular fee. (Guild Wars, etc.)
    • Games that are free to download, but require a fee to open all features (Pirates of the Caribbean Online, etc.)
    • Totally free games (HSX, etc.)
    • Console games through a subscriber service (XBOX Live)
    • Console games with no subscription (Wii, PS3)
    • Some other form of online game.
    • I do not play online games.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

You rock!!

Heh, thanks. For being another BBS'er so do you. ;)

And naturally I do all my BBS gaming on an Atari 800. :D

Of course. :cool:

I'd use my C64 for that but I've haven't things setup right now. Used to use it occasionally in the early 90's. Had a terminal program that could do a 'pseudo' 80 columns on screen. Actually was quite readable on the tv. The program could be set for ANSI and iirc had a PC ASCII (with the extended graphic chars) font.

I currently use my PC and SyncTerm.

ST's are also good for it. Speaking of which, Darkforces BBS has a good D&D type game on their BBS and that is run on a ST. You can find that and the other Atari BBS's by telneting to rdfig.net, get to the main menu, type X for internet, and then A for the Atari menu. And there are most of the Atari BBS's all there.

I should try that. I believe SyncTerm supports ATASCII so I'm half way there already. :lol:

Glad the BBS days haven't ended. I'm glad to see all the Atari, Commodore, and PC boards up currently. :D

Garak (Former co-sysop of a Pittsburgh based PC BBS in the mid-90's)

For a nice MUD try ironrealms.com :P They have 4 different MUD's and each are great... I play on Achaea: Dreams of Divine Lands, "The oldest of the Iron Realms, Achaea is a high-fantasy world combining medieval fantasy, ancient Greek, Bedouin, and Germanic influences." to quote the website.

I also play WOW, Everquest, Runescape, Guildwars, Diablo II: LOD, Warcraft 3, and other such games :)

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I play Knight Online. It's awesome except leveling up is impossible because there are so many hackers and GMs are never on to ban them. Another downside is that even though it is an American game, it is worshiped by absolutely everyone in turkey. Go to turkey and ask 10 people if they play Knight Online and they will all say yes. I've pretty much learned Turkish from this game. If you play free online games then I suggest Knight Online (BTW it takes forever to download and might not work for Vista)

Aga-friend

Gel-come

Ewet-yes

Amina koyayim- (the F word)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Games that must be purchased w/no online fee.

Console games w/no online fee.

99.99% of my online for the last 3-4 years has been on the P3. I quit playing MP on PC years ago... too much cheating/hacking going around, I gave up caring. I play a little bit on the P3, perhaps once a month for a few hrs at a time... mostly COD 5 w/zombies.

• 2 weeks later...

I am addicted World Golf Tour. It's one of the best golf sims I have ever played and runs in any browser for free. The rub is that you have to buy balls and club upgrades to be any good, but it's totally addictive and very social when playing with others. I like it a lot and it's kind of retro in that it takes very little time to just play a game. Nine holes alone take maybe 20 minutes, tops, 30 or so with someone else. If you like golf games, you have probably already found it (PM me your username!) but even if you don't it is worth a shot. It's fun.