IGNORED

Terrance & Phillip

atari2600land

New version: 2 added screens. I also added a can of beans which replenishes your health meter.

Hi its me again, seems when you get past the red pig on the 4th or 5th screen and you lose a life and restart the level, all the logic for the pig moment gets messed up.

Sincerely,

Open Source Pong

I wanted to work on level 3 so badly that I ended level 2 early and went ahead and got level 3 started. To access level 3, at the title screen, have the right difficulty switch on a; to start on level 2, have it on b. You'll notice that since level 3 is the ice world (I call it Ant-Farctica, level 2 was the Kali-fart-i Desert), you'll slip a little bit once you stop moving left or right. Also of note is the ROM size is now 32k, which is the final ROM size available with bB. If it was possible to make a 64k bB game, I'd consider it.

tandp27.bas.bin

tandp27.bas

Hrrrm this is a fantastic idea!

Might want to figure out how you want to release this one. You just might be able to strike something with the south park producers for inclusion on an episode, a promotional 'game within a game' etc. I actually see huge exposure potential with this project of yours. :)

Can't wait for the final product!

I was bored, so I made this. Depending on feedback, I might make a full-fledged platform game out of this with this as the title screen. Up would jump and the fire button would unleash a big fire fart out of Terrance or Phillip's butt that would kill any enemy close by. Or maybe I've watched "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" too many times. ;) And if someone wants to simplify my music code, feel free to do so.

That's probably highly unlikely, but wouldn't it be awesome? There have been quite a lot of SP homebrews over the years, but considering the platform of this one, it's subject matter, and it's graphics I think this is about the most likely ever to grab the attention of Matt and Trey. I have a feeling the characters of SP, on the other hand, would have a violent reaction to this game.

• 2 months later...

After a 3-month hiatus, I'm beginning production anew on this. The game begins with level 3 (Ant-fart-ica, so it's slippery.) Too hard? Too easy? There's only three screens in level 3 so far. To turn the in-game music off, put the left difficulty switch to A.

tandp28.bas

tandp28.bas.bin

A Zip file of my latest progress. I've added two more screens. In this Zip file is also a binary file in which you start on level 1 instead of 3. Also in the zip file is a read-me file. I've neglected to put in two things, though. If you run out of health, you will restart at the beginning of the level. #2 - to end the level, touch the sign. In level 4, I plan to have Terrance swimming, so if someone could design some sprites of him swimming, that would be greatly appreciated.

t_p29a.zip

Edited by atari2600land

+Changed screen 20. I've decided that jumping on top of the moving platform was too buggy, so I removed it. To start at level 2, have the right difficulty switch be A at the title screen. The changed screen is 5 screens in.

+Removed slipperiness of level 3 and added two screens in it.

tandp31.bas.bin

tandp31.bas

Edited by atari2600land

Got rid of the in-game music. I figured nobody was liking it anyway, and it was taking up variables which I needed. Changed screen #35 and added screen #37. I also changed the way you jump. Now when you let go of the fire button mid-jump, you go back down instead of doing the whole jump.

tp32.zip

Since your music is such a short loop anyway, it would make sense for it to play during a level display screen, then quit when the level begins. Check out super mario brothers 2 NES for a good example of level display screens. If the music only plays during those, it won't take up any of your variables.

Also don't forget that since you can't use the missiles, the missile variables like missile1x, missile1height, etc are open to use as general purpose variables.

Plus since you aren't scrolling the playfield, you should have 4 playfield variables open to use as general purpose variables.

Edited by MausGames

Since your music is such a short loop anyway, it would make sense for it to play during a level display screen, then quit when the level begins. Check out super mario brothers 2 NES for a good example of level display screens. If the music only plays during those, it won't take up any of your variables.

Also don't forget that since you can't use the missiles, the missile variables like missile1x, missile1height, etc are open to use as general purpose variables.

Plus since you aren't scrolling the playfield, you should have 4 playfield variables open to use as general purpose variables.

Be careful, as missile variables aren't necessarily available. If you are using multicolored sprites, for instance, two of them will get used up for the pointers to the color table, if I remember right. The memory map on RT's website will shed more light on exactly what missile variables are used for other purposes.