IGNORED

EricDeLee's Blog - Work has started....

RSS Bot

I'll be working on that Mini-Cade(the vectrex coinop) later.

Right now... I've started my project that I've been planning for a long time but never got the supplies to do the actual work. It won't be as complicated as say a portable Atari that Ben Heck is famous for, however, it will suit me just fine.

I am building a stylish countertop/bartop Atari 2600 unit. I will not be including a coin slot for this. But I will be using actual arcade controls. ie: Gauntlet joystick that has the Atari symbol on top, atari start buttons... the classic cone shaped ones that glow red.... and beautiful orange pushbuttons!!! The paddle will be a modded atari 2600 paddle. More than likely the same type of knob as you can see below. I will be using this design below, I'll make things a bit tigter and of course I'll really get some measurements down. I'll add some nice artwork as well. I'm thinking of a black background with the orange tick marks that you see around the joysticks base. I'll show the artwork later. The two cone buttons will be for Select and Reset. I'm thinking of adding the difficulty sitches somewhere... but I'm not really sure yet. This will have a marquee that lights up ad everything! I can't wait to get started on the actual woodwork!

I'll add more info later. This is just a teaser!

blogentry-3390-1204257381_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-3390-1204257428_thumb.jpg

//

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=4584