IGNORED

Planet Bob - Playing Wonder Boy (Sega Master System)

RSS Bot

Hi there!

And yet another Sega Arcade is going to be played on the Master System!

And again I have it in my collection, so I have no screenshots straight away. Maybe later, in case I decide again to switch back to emulation in order to finish it ;)

I've researched this game some and to my understanding, minor details aside, it should be the same game as "Adventure Island" for the NES. Later games in either series differ significantly though, they just originated from the same source.

I opted for the Master System version, since I thought it should be the better one and because I'm trying to finalize playtesting all Master System games within 2008, so I can make a keep or sell descission.

Well, I think everyone knows this game, so I'm not tiring you with a long description. Basically it's just a cutesy, sidescrolling, standard Jump'n'Run game.

What I didn't realize in my first 2-3 tries was that one could run faster and jump higher with the second button pressed, pretty much as in the SMB games. Once I figured that, I immediately did better, in my best try I already made it to the first round of the 3rd of 8 levels.

So far it's admittedly been more fun than I thought it would be, but nothing to spectacular either. It's a solid game, polished, good looking and playable, but also only slightly above average.

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=4609